Refugee Training Center at Montgomery College
The Refugee Training Center offers special programming for refugees, approved asylees, Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holders, Cuban and Haitian parolees, and Victims of Human Trafficking. Their mission is to provide refugees and asylees residing in Prince George’s and Montgomery counties vocationally-focused English language instruction and assessment and scholarship opportunities in order to facilitate successful integration and full participation in the community; to provide a supportive learning environment; and to promote the development of inter-cultural competence.
The Refugee Training Center (RTC) is located at Montgomery College, an academic institution committed to equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Highlights of the Refugee Program:
- A day-time multi-level English Program
- Targeted vocational training in high-demand sectors, such as Health Care.
- Scholarships for workforce development coursework at Montgomery College, which lead to nationally, recognized certificates in fields such as information technology, health care, and project planning.
- Employment services through our partnerships with resettlement agencies
- Political Asylees
- Cuban and Haitian Parolees
- Victims of Human Trafficking
- Special Immigrant Visa Holders
How do I register?
In order to take classes at the Refugee Training Center, you must first come for testing and orientation. Contact the RTC front desk at 240-567-1405 to find out when the next testing and orientation session will be held. Or email us at RTC@montgomerycollege.edu.
What classes can I take?
We offer ESL classes, classes to help you receive nationally recognized certificates in high demand jobs, and scholarships for workforce development coursework at Montgomery College.
What are employment services?
Helping you get a job is an important goal of the Refugee and Asylee Program. Employment services are offered in partnership with resettlement agencies and include help with the following:
- Interviewing skills
- Workplace communication
- Resume writing
- American workplace culture
- You will also be able to work individually with a Career Navigator and Employment Specialist who will assist you with your career choice and job search.
- Learn More!
This program is funded by the Maryland Office of Refugees and Asylees.