Sign up to attend an information session for private school and homeschooled students
Monday, April 8, 2019, Germantown Campus, Globe Hall – 7pm
Thursday, April 11, 2019 Germantown Campus, Globe Hall – 7pm
SPACE IS LIMITED: Click HERE to sign up and reserve your seats!
MCPS Student Info Sessions were held in March. Missed it? here are your options for more info:
- Click HERE to view and print the MCPS info session PowerPoint slides
- Click HERE to view the MCPS info session full video presentation
- Browse our dual enrollment website
- Students should go to "contact us" and reach out to their MCPS Dual Enrollment Program Assistant (DEPA) for possible school based sessions and more info.
- If interested in classes for summer/fall, follow the "admissions and registration procedures" to begin enrollment
- e-mail us questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dual Enrollment is available to select high school students admitted to Montgomery College (MC). Students are enrolled in college courses while still attending high school, providing an educational experience beyond what is available at the secondary level. High school juniors and seniors who meet the College's Dual Enrollment (DE) standards may enhance their schedule with college course work and experience the independence of college-level study while also earning college credit.
Dual Enrollment at MC enables high school students to:
- Register and attend a Montgomery College course(s) on campus, online or at their high school site
- Engage with outstanding college professors and their peers in a collegiate classroom setting
- Graduate from high school with earned college credit
- Potentially save money on college tuition
- Accelerate college completion
- Gain additional skills and confidence needed to succeed in college
Students may enroll in a variety of courses at the college, provided they meet the Dual Enrollment standards. The credits earned may be applied to a degree program at Montgomery College or may potentially be transferred to another institution.
Parents are encouraged to help set students up for success with the Dual Enrollment Program! Feel free to review the eligibility requirements with your child and discuss any questions you both may have. You may also want to review some of the financial assistance options that can be available for them as well. Please remember, per FERPA laws Dual Enrollment staff will work primarily with the student during the registration process. However, reviewing the admission and registration procedures may help you stay informed and active during each of the steps. Our Dual Enrollment staff will do all we can to ensure your child is set up for success!