Middle College Program
The Montgomery College and Montgomery County Public Schools partnership is offering the Middle College Program to qualified MCPS students. The Middle College program is offered to MCPS students enrolled at Clarksburg, Northwest and Northwood high schools. Through integrated course sequencing utilizing a combination of Advanced Placement courses, CLEP examinations and Montgomery College coursework students experience a progressive transition during their high school careers. Students begin with a traditional high school experience, transition into MC coursework at their high school, and end their senior year realizing a full campus experience at MC. Information sessions are held at participating MCPS high schools, where students can learn more about the program and degree options available.
In order to participate in Middle College, students should be able to satisfy the following requirements:
- Be a rising 9th grader, planning to attend an eligible MCPS high school offering the Middle College program.
- Passed Mathematics and English state assessments. Depending on the pathway, advanced placements may be necessary
- Have an unweighted 2.75 high school GPA or higher
- Belong to a select MCPS high school cluster, based on the high school locations where Middle College is held
The Middle College program is currently offered at Clarksburg, Northwest and Northwood high schools. Each school offers a unique degree pathway, managed by their select high school. Contact the school's Dual Enrollment Program Assistant (DEPA)new window for more information. All pathway programs are competitive, and due to demand a lottery may be held to determine the students who will participate.
**Information about applying to the Middle College program for the next available year will be sent mid-October via the MCPS Parent Portal. All applications must be completed by November 1, 2019**
The Middle College schools, pathways and the eligible high school clusters are below. Students should review the pathway and degree information carefully before submitting their Middle College interest form. Upon acceptance into the program, the DEPA will reach out to the student and assist in admission and registration each semester.
Clarksburg Middle College Program
- Clarksburg HS Network and Information Technology Pathway (PDF, )
- Open to the Clarksburg, Seneca Valley, Damascus, or Watkins Mill high school cluster
- Clarksburg Middle College webpagenew window
Northwest Middle College Program
- Northwest HS General Engineering Pathway (PDF, )
- Open to the Clarksburg, Damascus, Gaithersburg, Magruder, Northwest, Poolesville, Quince Orchard, Seneca Valley, or Watkins Mill high school cluster
- Northwest Middle College webpagenew window
Northwood Middle College Program
- Northwood HS General Studies Pathway (PDF, ) ;
- Open to the Bethesda-Chevy Chase, Churchill, Downcounty Consortium, Northeast Consortium, Walter Johnson, Richard Montgomery, Rockville, Sherwood, Walt Whitman, or Wootton high school cluster
- Northwood Middle College webpagenew window
Comprehensive information and additional links can be found at Montgomery County Public Schools' Middle College websitenew window. If you have any additional questions about Middle College, please contact Mr. Akima Rogers for more information.