American Pre-Academic and Professional ESL Program
How to Register for ESL Classes
Summer 2020 --Special Instructions
All summer classes are now FULL. Look for more information about Fall classes shortly
All classes this summer will be taught remotely through Zoom and other online tools.
Students must have a reliable internet service and a computer or mobile device from which they can access Zoom and other websites and send and receive documents (email). Students will need to register online. See information below for returning students.
After your course begins, you may be moved to a different class if your teacher finds you are in the wrong level.
If you wish to take classes this summer, please contact us by one of these methods:
- email: ESL-Rockville@montgomerycollege.edu
- Phone: 240-549-2691
- Text message: 833-935-1929
To assist you registering online use the ESL Registration Form. This has all the information needed for registration except the payment information. Once you submit the form, MC Customer Service will call you to guide you through the online payment via MYMC.
- Click on APPE Summer 2020 Classes (PDF, ) and choose your class.
- For Summer 2020 you must register ONLINE.
- For instructions on how to register online, view these instruction for registering/paying online: ESL Registration Information (PDF, )
- if you need assistance registering and paying online fill out this ESL Special Registration Form. Once submitted, Customer Service will assist you with paying online via MYMC.
IF you took the Accuplacer-ESL and placed into Workforce Development & Continuing Education, call 240-549-2691 or email us at ESL-Rockville@montgomerycollege.edu. Have your Accuplacer-ESL results available to discuss. If you already have a Placement, you can register online--you do not need to contact us, but can if you have a question. If you need help registering, please call us at 240-567-5188.
Fall ESL Placement Test Dates & Times
Notice: Please check closer to the testing dates to make sure that face-to-face testing will take place.
The test takes almost two hours. You will be asked to come back another day to get your test results and course placement level. Do NOT bring children to the test.
Rockville Campus Testing Site
Campus Center Room 220 at one of these times:
- 8/18 Tuesday 6:30 p.m.
- 8/20 Thursday 10:30 p.m.
- 8/22 Saturday 10:30 p.m.
- 8/24 Monday 6:30 p.m.
- 8/26 Wednesday 10:30 a.m.
Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus Testing Site
Cafritz Foundation Arts Center 230 at one of these times:
- 8/10 Monday 10:30 a.m.
- 8/19 Wednesday 6:30 p.m.
Fall Registration Locations
You must have a placement form to register. You may register any time before classes begin. Register early to make sure there is space in the course. Register at one of the following locations:
- Rockville Campus: CC 220 (Campus Center)
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus: CF 230 (Cafritz Foundation Arts Center)
- Germantown Campus: 241 and/or HS 241 and/or 243 (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Gaithersburg Training Center: Room 400
- Westfield South in Wheaton: Room 306*
* Disability access for this leased site is on the same side as the movie theater entrance. For more information regarding disability access at the site, or if any individuals are facing accessibility issues anywhere in the Westfield South Center, please call 240-567-8841.
ESL Takoma Park /Silver Spring Campus
ESL Summer Postcard (PDF, )
Note: Due to COVID19 there have been some modifications to the schedule. Visit Summer 2020 Schedule (PDF, ) to learn more.