ESL Noncredit Program
Registration for Fall 2023
Registration for Fall 2023 begins July 24th, and classes begin September 6th. Call us if you cannot come to campus.
If you wish to take classes, you must take the ESL Assessment Test (ESLA) or the MC ESL Guided Placement Test. See testing dates and times below. If you cannot take the test at any of the dates/times, please contact us.
ESL Placement Test Dates & Times
Please come to the 2nd floor in the South Campus Instructional Building next to Parking Lot #12 at one of the following times:
- Monday 8/21 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday 8/24 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday 8/29 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday 8/30 6:30 p.m.
The test takes one hour.
No appointment is necessary. Do NOT come if you are sick or have Covid symptoms. Do not bring children.
If you need to contact us, please email us at ESL-Rockville@montgomerycollege.edu or phone/text message at 240-549-2691.
Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus (TP/SS)
No testing in Takoma Park/Silver Spring this fall.
Returning Students & New Students with Test Results
- Select your classes from the list of ESL Fall 2023 classes and prices. (PDF, )
- Registration: You must register in person at one of the registration locations by 11:59 p.m. the day before the class begins. Bring the letter (or email) with next class recommendations your instructor sent you at the end of your last class. If you cannot register in person, you must contact Annette Greene at 240-549-2691 or email@example.com.
- Customer Service: Call Customer Service at 240-567-5188 if you need help.
- Class Level: After your course begins, you may be moved to a different class if your teacher finds you are in the wrong level.
- In-state Tuition: You may qualify for in-state tuition ( Maryland Resident) based on your visa status in the USA. Contact Customer Service at 240-567-5188 to find out if you qualify. Be ready to provide a picture of your visa documents.
- Au Pairs: Au Pairs qualify for in-state tuition by filling out this form. (PDF, )
If you took the MC ESL Remote Placement Test online and received an email asking you to contact us, please make an appointment to get your placement by calling 240-549-2691 or emailing us at ESL-Rockville@montgomerycollege.edu
Registration begins July 24, 2023. You must register in-person at one of the locations below:
- Rockville Campus:
- Temporary location until August 12 at SB 112 (South Campus Instructional Building)
- Permanent Location beginning August 18 at CC220 (Campus Center Building)
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus: CF 230 (Cafritz Foundation Arts Center)
- Germantown Campus: 241 and/or HS 241 and/or 243 (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Gaithersburg Training Center: Room 400 - only open Monday to Friday.
- Westfield South in Wheaton: Room 306- Currently Closed.
We have several different types of classes:
- In-person classes—will meet on the Rockville Campus (R) and the Takoma Park Campus (TP/SS). Please note, on-campus classes may meet occasionally over Zoom due to weather or other circumstances.
- Structured Remote (SR)--will meet online only at scheduled dates and times. You will use Zoom, Blackboard, and other online tools.
- Distance Learning (DL)--are online classes for students who need a flexible schedule. You can work at home at your own pace. Each week the instructor will let you know which lessons to work on in Blackboard, a learning management system. You will access videos, instructional materials and discussion forums. There will also be optional opportunities to meet with instructors and classmates over Zoom during the course of the semester.
- After your course begins, you may be moved to a different class if your teacher finds you are in the wrong level.