American Pre-Academic and Professional ESL Program
How to Register for ESL Classes
Fall 2020 --Special Instructions
All classes this fall will be taught remotely through Zoom and other online tools.
Students must have a reliable internet service and a computer or mobile device from which they can access Zoom and other websites and send and receive documents (email). All students will need to register online.
After your course begins, you may be moved to a different class if your teacher finds you are in the wrong level.
If you wish to take classes this fall, please contact us by one of these methods:
- email: ESL-Rockville@montgomerycollege.edu
- Phone: 240-549-2691
- Text message: 833-935-1929
Returning Students & New Students with Test Results
- Select your classes from the list of APPE Fall 2020 Classes (PDF, ) .
- Here is a listing of the Fall 2020 Books (PDF, ) .
- Click on ESL Registration Instructions (PDF, ) . This document has all information needed for registration and payment.
- If you want help, please fill out the ESL Special Registration Form (below in purple box) and submit.
- MC Customer Service will call you within 24 hours to guide you through the online payment process via MyMC .
- *Please note: To complete your registration, you must pay for your class (s). If you do not pay, you are not registered.
If you took the MC ESL Remote Placement Test online and receive an email asking you to contact us, please make an appointment to get your placement by calling 240-549-2691 or emailing us at ESL-Rockville@montgomerycollege.edu.
If you took the Accuplacer ESL and have your placement, you can register online by following these directions: ESL Registration Instructions (PDF, ) . You do not need to contact us, but you can if you have a question. If you need help registering, please call us at 240-567-5188.
Fall ESL Placement Test Dates & Times
Notice: Please check closer to the testing dates to make sure that face-to-face testing will take place.
The test takes almost two hours. You will be asked to come back another day to get your test results and course placement level. Do NOT bring children to the test.
Fall Registration Locations
No in-person registration at this time. You must register online. All in-person registration is closed. Register early to get a space in the course.
When Montgomery College opens in-person registration again, our regular registration locations are as follows:
- Rockville Campus: CC 220 (Campus Center)
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus: CF 230 (Cafritz Foundation Arts Center)
- Germantown Campus: 241 and/or HS 241 and/or 243 (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Gaithersburg Training Center: Room 400
- Westfield South in Wheaton: Room 306*
* Disability access for this leased site is on the same side as the movie theater entrance. For more information regarding disability access at the site, or if any individuals are facing accessibility issues anywhere in the Westfield South Center, please call 240-567-8841.
ESL Brochure (PDF, )