American Pre-Academic and Professional ESL Program
How to Register for ESL Classes
Spring 2021 Special Instructions:
This spring all ESL classes will be remote. Please note that we had hoped to bring some of our classes to campus, but due to the Covid19 situation, those classes will now be Structured Remote (SR). Here is what we are offering for Spring 2021:
- Structured Remote (SR)--will meet online only at scheduled dates and times. You will use Zoom, Blackboard, and other online tools. (This includes all classes labeled Hybrid, Rockville Campus, and Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus in the brochure or WDCE schedule.)
- Distance Learning (DL)--are online classes for students who need a flexible schedule. You can work at home at your own pace. Each week the instructor will let you know which lessons to work on in Blackboard, a learning management system. You will access videos, instructional materials and discussion forums. There will also be optional opportunities to meet with instructors and classmates over Zoom during the course of the semester.
- Internet: You must have reliable internet service and a computer or mobile device from which you can access Zoom and other websites and send and receive documents (email).
- Registration: You must register and pay online. When you register, make sure to pay or you will be dropped within 24 hours. If you are dropped, you will lose your place in class, and the class may be filled when you try to register again. The last day for online registration is March 22nd at 11:59p.m. After that, please contact Annette Greene at 240-549-2691 or Annette.firstname.lastname@example.org to see if you can register late.
- Customer Service: Call Customer Service at 240-567-5188 if you need help registering.
- Class Level: After your course begins, you may be moved to a different class if your teacher finds you are in the wrong level.
- In-state Tuition: You may qualify for in-state tuition (Maryland Resident), based on your visa status in the USA. Contact Customer Service at 240-567-5188 to find out if you qualify. Be ready to send a picture of your visa documents.
Au Pairs: Au Pairs qualify for in-state tuition by filling out this form: https://www.montgomerycollege.edu/_documents/admissions-registration/business-industry-agreement-form.pdf (PDF, )
Spring 2021 --Special Instructions
If you wish to take classes this spring, please contact us by one of these methods:
- email: ESL-Rockville@montgomerycollege.edu
- Phone: 240-549-2691
- Text message: 833-935-1929
- Select your classes from the list of APPE Spring 2021 classes and prices (PDF, ) .
- Here is a listing of the Spring 2021 Books (PDF, ) .
- Click on ESL Registration Instructions. This document has all information needed for registration and payment.
- *Please note: To complete your registration, you must pay for your class (s). If you do not pay, you are not registered.
If you took the MC ESL Remote Placement Test online and receive an email asking you to contact us, please make an appointment to get your placement by calling 240-549-2691 or emailing us at ESL-Rockville@montgomerycollege.edu.
If you took the Accuplacer ESL and have your placement, you can register online by following these directions:
- New Student Creating a MYMC Account, or how to claim your MYMC Account (PDF, )
- How to Register and Pay through MYMC (PDF, )
- You do not need to contact us, but you can if you have a question. If you need help registering, please call us at 240-567-5188.
Spring ESL Placement Test Dates & Times
Notice: Due to COVID, all placement testing will be offered via Zoom. Please contact us by email, phone or text:
Spring Registration Locations
No in-person registration at this time. You must register online. All in-person registration is closed. Register early to get a space in the course.
When Montgomery College opens in-person registration again, our regular registration locations are as follows:
- Rockville Campus: CC 220 (Campus Center)
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus: CF 230 (Cafritz Foundation Arts Center)
- Germantown Campus: 241 and/or HS 241 and/or 243 (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Gaithersburg Training Center: Room 400
- Westfield South in Wheaton: Room 306*
* Disability access for this leased site is on the same side as the movie theater entrance. For more information regarding disability access at the site, or if any individuals are facing accessibility issues anywhere in the Westfield South Center, please call 240-567-8841.
Note: Due to COVID19 there have been some modifications to the schedule. Visit Spring Schedule to learn more.