ESL, American Pre-Academic and Professional ESL Program
How to Register for ESLA Classes
You must take a placement test. You can take the WDCE English as a Second Language Assessment (ESLA) or the Accuplacer ESL. Test dates and locations are listed below. No appointment is necessary. To take the Accuplacer ESL, contact Campus Assessment Centers.
Bring your Instructor Placement form to Room 220 Campus Center, Rockville Campus, or to any of the registration locations listed below. This form was provided to you by your instructor after the end of your last class. Everyone MUST register in person.
If you took the ESL Accuplacer and placed into Workforce Development and Continuing Education, call Rockville at 240-567-7262 or Takoma Park/Silver Spring at 240-567-5611 for a counseling appointment. Bring your ESL Accuplacer test scores to the appointment. If you already have a Placement form, you may use that form to register. You do not need to see a counselor.
If you are interested in the credit program, call 240-567-5045 for more information.
ESL Placement Test Dates & Times
The test takes almost two hours. You will be asked to come back another day to get your test results and course placement level. Do NOT bring children to the test.
Rockville Campus Testing Site
Campus Center Room 220 at one of these times:
- Monday, 12/16/2019 at 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, 1/14/2020 at 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, 1/16/2020 at 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, 1/21/2019 at 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, 1/22/2020 at 6:30 p.m.
Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus Testing Site
Cafritz Foundation Arts Center Room 230 at one of these times:
- Tuesday, 1/7/2020 at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 1/15/2020 at 10:30 a.m.
You must have a placement form to register. You may register any time before classes begin. Register early to make sure there is space in the course. Register at one of the following locations:
- Rockville Campus: 220 CC (Campus Center)
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus: 230 CF (Cafritz Foundation Arts Center)
- Germantown Campus: 241 and/or 243 HS (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Gaithersburg Training Center: Room 400
- Westfield South in Wheaton: Room 306*
Students MUST register IN PERSON.
* Disability access for this leased site is on the same side as the movie theater entrance. For more information regarding disability access at the site, or if any individuals are facing accessibility issues anywhere in the Westfield South Center, please call 240-567-8841.
Find Us on Facebook
ESL Spring Schedule (PDF) (PDF, )