American Pre-Academic and Professional ESL Program
Masks are required inside all campus buildings.
Registration Instructions: For Fall You must register in person. See instructions below for new or returning students.
This fall we will have in-person classes on the Rockville Campus (R) and on the Takoma Park Campus (TP/SS). We will also have classes taught remotely through Zoom, Blackboard and other online tools. We offer two types of online classes.
- Structured Remote (SR)--will meet online only at scheduled dates and times. You will use Zoom, Blackboard, and other online tools.
- Distance Learning (DL)--are online classes for students who need a flexible schedule. You can work at home at your own pace. Each week the instructor will let you know which lessons to work on in Blackboard, a learning management system. You will access videos, instructional materials and discussion forums. There will also be optional opportunities to meet with instructors and classmates over Zoom during the course of the semester.
Registration for Fall 2021
Registration for APPE (ESL) classes begins August 2nd. You must register in person.
If you wish to take classes , please contact us by one of these methods:
- email: ESL-Rockville@montgomerycollege.edu
- Phone or Text Message to: 240-549-2691
Returning Students & New Students with Test Results
- Select your classes from the list of APPE Fall 2021 classes and prices (PDF, ) .
- Here is a listing of the Fall 2021 Books. (PDF, )
- Registration: You must register in person at one of the registration locations by 11:59 p.m. the day before the class begins. Bring the letter (or email) with next class recommendations your instructor sent you at the end of your last class. If you cannot register in person, you must contact Annette Greene at 240-549-2691 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customer Service: Call Customer Service at 240-567-5188 if you need help.
- Class Level: After your course begins, you may be moved to a different class if your teacher finds you are in the wrong level.
- In-state Tuition: You may qualify for in-state tuition ( Maryland Resident) based on your visa status in the USA. Contact Customer Service at 240-567-5188 to find out if you qualify. Be ready to provide a picture of your visa documents.
- Au Pairs: Au Pairs qualify for in-state tuition by filling out this form: https://www.montgomerycollege.edu/_documents/admissions-registration/business-industry-agreement-form.pdf (PDF, )
If you took the MC ESL Remote Placement Test online and received an email asking you to contact us, please make an appointment to get your placement by calling 240-549-2691 or emailing us at ESL-Rockville@montgomerycollege.edu.
ESL Placement Test Dates & Times
Please contact us to set up an appointment for a placement test. The test includes an oral interview and a timed writing test. The test takes about one hour. You can call, email or text us below to make an appointment.
Registration begins August 2nd. You must register in-person at one of the locations below:
- Rockville Campus: CC 220 (Campus Center)
- Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus: CF 230 (Cafritz Foundation Arts Center)
- Germantown Campus: 241 and/or HS 241 and/or 243 (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Gaithersburg Training Center: Room 400= Currently Closed.
- Westfield South in Wheaton: Room 306- Currently Closed.
Visit ESL Schedule (PDF, ) to learn more.