Online Learning, Convenient, Affordable, Anytime, Anywhere, Just a click away!
Montgomery College offers an exciting array of noncredit online courses from Ed2Go. These are open to everyone. There are hundreds of courses offered each month. These courses are instructor-led by experts in the field, informative, convenient, and highly interactive. Courses are six-weeks long, available 24/7, and prices start at $120. Courses are project oriented and include lessons, quizzes, hands-on-assignments, discussions areas, supplemental links and more.
COMPTIA A+ CERTIFICATION PREP
Time to roll up those sleeves and dive inside the personal computer. The Basic CompTIA A+ Certification Prep course teaches you about the hardware common to virtually every personal computer, including microprocessors, RAM, power supplies, motherboards, UEFI/BIOS, the system setup utility, the expansion bus, and input/output devices. You will learn how things work, how to configure everything, and how to troubleshoot in real-world environments. This course gives you the knowledge to base the rest of your CompTIA A+ certification studies for the 220-901 and 220-902 exams.
Instructor Scott Jernigan is an A+ and Network+ Certified Technician. He teaches A+ Certification and PC hardware classes at the FBI Academy and Lucent Technologies, and is the author of numerous computer books on A+ and Network+ Certification Exam Guides.
Learn More about all CompTIA Certification Prep Classes: CompTIA® Network + Certification Prep, Basic CompTIA A+ Certification Prep, CompTIA Security+ Certification Prep I & II. These courses start at $145.
How Do I Enroll, Register, and Pay for an Ed2Go Noncredit Online Course?
Enrolling and paying for a noncredit online course is a two step process.
Step 1. Browse the Ed2Go Course Catalog to find the course(s) you want.
Step 2 . Then click on the Enroll Now button.
- Select a Start Date
- Write down the Start Date, Title, Price, and Course Section Number. You will need the class information for the M.C. registration / payment form later. Press the Continue Button.
- Sign In Options
- Returning Students use your Ed2Go user name and password to Login.
- New Students: Follow instructions to Create an Account and a user name and password, and be sure to write it down as it will be needed to enter the classroom portal when your class starts.
Step 3. Payment Options:
- Make a Payment: . This will lead you to instructions on how to pay via Montgomery College's secure Payment / Registration Form and follow directions for making a payment. Out of state fees may apply. Payments are charged to your credit card upon receipt of your registration form. Keep a copy for your records.
- You have the option of trying out the Ed2Go online course for up to seven days before paying. To pay for the course use the Secure MC Payment /Registration Form
4. Alternate Payment Options for Employers/Employees. If your employer is paying for your class, you must first enroll in the class and then payment may be made online with the company credit card. if your company or organization prefers to pay by check then you need to enroll in the class and then fill out a paper MC Registration Form (PDF, ) and mail it to Montgomery College. You will find the address on the registration form.
Ed2Go FAQs, Frequently Asked Questions
Go to ed2gonew window and on the top menu bar there is a link for "MY CLASSROOM". You will need your username and password to be able to access your class. You will also get an email notification on the first day of class on how to access the course.
- Classes are 6 weeks long. Two lessons a week. Released on Wednesday and Friday.
- You do NOT have to be at your computer at a specific time. Lessons are available 24/7.
- Allow about 2 hours for each lesson.
- There is a quiz at the end of each lesson. You may take it as many times as you wish until you get a score you are happy with.
- There is a final exam. You may only take that once. You need to score at least 65% to pass the course.
You can post comments, questions, or concerns to your fellow students as well as the instructor. You should receive communication from them and your instructor, but your instructor may not be able to respond as quickly as your classmates. Give your instructor at least 24 hours to respond, if they do not, please contact us.
This may occur if you indicated you are not a U.S. Citizen. In that case, you will need to contact Customer Service by calling 240-567-7872.
If you are at least 60 years of age and a Maryland resident you may qualify for a senior discount. However, not all Ed2Go courses are eligible for this discount. Once you pay for the course Customer Service will verify your eligibility, and that the course is eligible for the discount. If eligible, you will get a partial refund (senior discount) credited back to your credit card. If you wish to confirm that the course qualified for the senior discount prior to paying, send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are noncredit classes and you do not earn a letter grade which could be applied to a degree program. However, these classes do appear on your Montgomery College transcript with a grade of "CP" for complete, or "NCP" for not complete. If you complete the course and pass the final exam with a score of 65% or better you earn a Complete.