Online Learning, Convenient, Affordable, Anytime, Anywhere, Just a click away!
Montgomery College offers an exciting array of noncredit online courses from Ed2Go. These are open to everyone. There are hundreds of courses offered each month. These courses are instructor-led by experts in the field, informative, convenient, and highly interactive. Courses are six-weeks long, available 24/7, and prices start at $120. Courses are project oriented and include lessons, quizzes, hands-on-assignments, discussions areas, supplemental links and more.
Update your office skills
Are you looking for a job or are you new to the office environment? Or do you just want to upgrade your skills. Ed2Go has online classes for you.
Office and Work Skills Classes include:
- Computer Skills for the Workplace new window
- Administrative Assistant Fundamentals new window
- Keys to Effective Communicationnew window
- Effective Business Writingnew window,
- Using Social Media in Business. new window
Other Helpful Office Skills Include:
- Microsoft Excel 2019, Introductionnew window
- MS Excel 2019 Intermediatenew window.
- Business Finance for Non-Financial Personnelnew window
- Introduction to QuickBooks Online.new window
All these classes are Instructor-led, run for six weeks with an optional 10 day extension. A few are also offered as three month self-paced classes which lets you go as fast or as slow as you wish. Prices for these Ed2Go online classes vary with classes starting at $129 up to $147.
Learn more about the courses in the Ed2Go Course Catalognew window.
What's New? A Limited Number of Self-Paced Courses are Available!
If you need to master a skill quickly, or feel you need more time, this format may be right for you. Learn more about the Self-Paced Courses.
Enrolling and paying for a noncredit online course is a two step process.
Step 1. Browse the Ed2Go Course Catalog to find the course(s) you want.
Step 2 . Then click on the Enroll Now button.
- Select a Start Date
- Write down the Start Date, Title, Price, and Course Section Number. You will need the class information for the M.C. registration / payment form later. Press the Continue Button.
- Sign In Options
- Returning Students use your Ed2Go user name and password to Login.
- New Students: Follow instructions to Create an Account and a user name and password, and be sure to write it down as it will be needed to enter the classroom portal when your class starts.
Step 3. Payment Options:
- Make a Payment: . This will lead you to instructions on how to pay via Montgomery College's secure Payment / Registration Form and follow directions for making a payment. Out of state fees may apply. Payments are charged to your credit card upon receipt of your registration form. Keep a copy for your records.
- You have the option of trying out the Ed2Go online course for up to seven days before paying. To pay for the course use the Secure MC Payment /Registration Form
4. Alternate Payment Options for Employers/Employees. If your employer is paying for your class, you must first enroll in the class and then payment may be made online with the company credit card. if your company or organization prefers to pay by check then you need to enroll in the class and then fill out a paper MC Registration Form (PDF, ) and mail it to Montgomery College. You will find the address on the registration form.
Ed2Go FAQs, Frequently Asked Questions
Go to ed2gonew window and on the top menu bar there is a link for "MY CLASSROOM". You will need your username and password to be able to access your class. You will also get an email notification on the first day of class on how to access the course.
- Classes are 6 weeks long. Two lessons a week. Released on Wednesday and Friday. Students are granted an automatic 10-day extension.
- You do NOT have to be at your computer at a specific time. Lessons are available 24/7.
- Allow about 2 hours for each lesson.
- There is a quiz at the end of each lesson. You may take it as many times as you wish until you get a score you are happy with.
- There is a final exam. You may only take that once. You need to score at least 65% to pass the course.
You can post comments, questions, or concerns to your fellow students as well as the instructor. You should receive communication from them and your instructor, but your instructor may not be able to respond as quickly as your classmates. Give your instructor at least 24 hours to respond, if they do not, please contact us.
This may occur if you indicated you are not a U.S. Citizen. In that case, you will need to contact Customer Service by calling 240-567-2570.
If you are at least 60 years of age and a Maryland resident you may qualify for a senior discount. However, not all Ed2Go courses are eligible for this discount. Once you pay for the course Customer Service will verify your eligibility, and that the course is eligible for the discount. If eligible, you will get a partial refund (senior discount) credited back to your credit card. If you wish to confirm that the course qualified for the senior discount prior to paying, send an inquiry to email@example.com.
These are noncredit classes and you do not earn a letter grade which could be applied to a degree program. However, these classes do appear on your Montgomery College transcript with a grade of "CP" for complete, or "NCP" for not complete. If you complete the course and pass the final exam with a score of 65% or better you earn a Complete.
Yes, we have many teenagers taking Ed2Go online classes.
A note to parents. This is a three step process.
- Enroll your child. Please use your child's name when you enroll them and create a password. NOT the Parent's name.
- Registration: On the MC registration form you will need to fill out the child's information and birthdate.
- Payment: The only place the parent name needs to appear is on the credit card portal as you will need to indicate the parent's name as the card holder.
These self-paced courses contain the same content as the regular instructor led six-week courses. However these three month courses are designed to give you more flexibility to take the course at your own pace, either to master a skill quickly or take your time to master the topic. Enrollment, registration, payment, and class access are the same as the six-week course with a few exceptions as listed below.
- No regularly scheduled lessons, you may take the classes at your own pace and take up to three months to complete.
- No Instructor to answer your questions. Although there is a peer to peer discussion board.
- The start date is flexible and you have up to three months to be able to access the lessons, quizzes and final exam.
- All class materials are available once your registration and payment has been verified by MC Customer Service.
- There are NO extensions beyond the three months.
- There is NO senior citizen "senior discount" applicable to these three-month courses.
- If you feel the course is NOT right for you........You may drop the class during the first week so long as you have not yet completed the class.
- Speed Spanish (Self-Paced)
- Accounting Fundamentals (Self-Paced)
- Computer Skills for the Workplace (Self-Paced)
- Discover Sign Language (Self-Paced)
- Basic CompTIA A+ Certification Prep (Self-Paced)
- Intermediate CompTIA A+ Certification Prep (Self-Paced)
- Advanced CompTIA A+ Certification Prep (Self-Paced)
- Advanced Python, (Self-Paced)
- Introduction to Cybersecurity, (Self-Paced)
- QuickBooks Online, (Self-Paced)
- Project Management Applications, (Self-Paced)