WD&CE Scholarship Opportunities
- Information about the Spring 2020 Workforce Development and Continuing Education Career Path Scholarship is now available. The application period for this scholarship is from November 25, 2019 to December 11, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Visit WDCE Career Path Scholarship for more information.
- Information about Developmental Education's Challenge Program and Graduate Transition Program Spring 2020 Scholarships is now available. The application period for these scholarship is from November 25, 2019 to December 11, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Visit the Challenge Scholarship / GTP Scholarship for more information.
- New: Workforce Development 2019 - 2020 Sequence Scholarship information is now available. You will need to fill out the FAFSA as part of your application process. Visit Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship to learn more.
- New: Maryland Community College Promise Scholarship is a last dollar award. You will need to fill out the FAFSA or the MSFAA as part of you application process. Visit the Maryland Community College Promise Scholarship for more information.
A limited number of scholarships are available, pending funding, through Montgomery College Workforce Development & Continuing Education for students pursuing career path courses with the intention to obtain entry-level employment. This scholarship is awarded for up to $1,000 to cover tuition and fees only. The scholarship may be applied to one or more eligible courses, within the career area chosen, to pay tuition and fees not covered by another funding source, waiver eligibility, or payment plan (including employers). This scholarship will not cover 100% of the applicable tuition and fees if the total tuition and fees exceed $1,000.
Visit WD&CE Career Path Scholarship to learn more.
The following Montgomery College Workforce Development & Continuing Education sequence courses are approved for the scholarship of up to $2000 for qualified applicants: Child Development Associate, Child Development Associate – (Spanish), Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician, Clinical Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Amazon Web Services, Networking Academy, Commercial Driver’s License.
Application forms and information about the Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship for the 2019-2020 school year are now available!
Visit the Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship for more information about the specific qualifications for the scholarship and how to apply.
The Maryland Community College Promise Scholarship is a last dollar award. The scholarship is available to students that plan to enroll in credit-bearing coursework leading to a vocational certificate, certificate, or an Associate's Degree; or in a sequence of credit or non-credit courses that leads to licensure or certification; or in a registered apprenticeship program at a Maryland community college for the 2020-2021 academic year. Visit Maryland Community College Scholarship for more information.
IMPORTANT: For the 2019 - 2020 academic year, the application process is still available for students who plan to enroll in a sequence of credit or non-credit courses that leads to licensure or certification; or in a registered apprenticeship program.
The Challenge Program for developmentally disabled adults, and the GTP (Graduate Transition Program).
A limited number of need based scholarships are available for qualified Challenge students, pending funding availability, through Montgomery College's Workforce Development & Continuing Education. Need-based students accepted into the Graduate Transition Program (GTP) may also qualify for funding depending on the courses that they are enrolled in.
Visit Challenge / GTP Scholarship for more information .
Tuition Assistance is available for HOC residents to enroll in and credit and non-credit certification programs at Montgomery College’s WD&CE Gudelsky Institute (GITE). Funds are limited.
A limited number of scholarships to Montgomery College are available for qualified HUI (Housing Unlimited Inc.) or MHP (Montgomery Housing Partnership) residents. Scholarship funding is awarded each term as available. The scholarship money is awarded for tuition and fees only. Cost of books is not included.
Visit HUI and MHP Scholarship for WD&CE Noncredit courses to learn more.
- WD&CE Scholarship Opportunities
- WD&CE Career Path Scholarship
- Financial Eligibility Guidelines WD&CE Scholarships
- WD&CE Career Path Scholarship FAQs
- Challenge and GTP Student Scholarship Opportunity
- Challenge and GTP Scholarship FAQs
- Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship
- Maryland Community College Promise Scholarship
- HUI and MHP Scholarship Opportunity