WDCE Scholarship Opportunities
- NEW: GEER (Governor's Emergency Education Relief Fund). Maryland residents who have been impacted by COVID may qualify for GEER funding. Applications will be accepted on a first come-first serve basis while funding is available until June 30, 2021. Visit GEER for more information.
- Information about the Spring 2021 Workforce Development and Continuing Education Career Path Scholarship paperwork is now available. The application period for this scholarship is from November 30, 2020 to December 11 2020. Visit WDCE Career Path Scholarship for more information.
- Information about Developmental Education's Challenge Program and Graduate Transition Program Spring 2021 Scholarships is now available. The application period for these scholarship is from November 30, 2020 to December 11 2020. Visit the Challenge Scholarship / GTP Scholarship for more information.
- New: Workforce Development 2020 - 2021 Sequence Scholarship information is now available. You will need to fill out the FAFSA as part of your application process. Visit Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship to learn more.
- New: Maryland Community College Promise Scholarship is a last dollar award. You will need to fill out the FAFSA or the MSFAA as part of you application process. Visit the Maryland Community College Promise Scholarship for more information.
A limited number of scholarships are available, pending funding, through Montgomery College Workforce Development and Continuing Education for students pursuing career path courses with the intention to obtain entry-level employment. This scholarship is awarded for up to $1,000 to cover tuition and fees only. The scholarship may be applied to one or more eligible courses, within the career area chosen, to pay tuition and fees not covered by another funding source, waiver eligibility, or payment plan (including employers). This scholarship will not cover 100% of the applicable tuition and fees if the total tuition and fees exceed $1,000.
Visit WDCE Career Path Scholarship to learn more.
The Governor of Maryland has established a fund to help residents impacted by COVID enroll in workforce training classes that lead to a credential, so that you can get a job more easily.
Students may qualify for support in one or more of three areas:
•Tuition and fees up to $3500 for approved courses •Technology needs related to remote instruction up to $1000 for approved courses that last 18 or more hours. •Other fees (e.g. books, certification, licensing, testing fees) up to $500.
Learn more about the GEER Funding Opportunity
Applications will be accepted on a first come-first serve basis while funding is available until June 30, 2021.
The following Montgomery College Workforce Development and Continuing Education sequence courses are approved for the scholarship of up to $2000 for qualified applicants: Child Development Associate, Child Development Associate – (Spanish), Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician, Clinical Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Amazon Web Services, Networking Academy, Commercial Driver’s License.
Visit the Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship for more information about the specific qualifications for the scholarship and how to apply.
The Maryland Community College Promise Scholarship is a last dollar award. The scholarship is available to students that plan to enroll in credit-bearing coursework leading to a vocational certificate, certificate, or an Associate's Degree; or in a sequence of credit or non-credit courses that leads to licensure or certification; or in a registered apprenticeship program at a Maryland community college for the 2020-2021 academic year. Visit Maryland Community College Scholarship for more information.
IMPORTANT: For the 2019 - 2020 academic year, the application process is still available for students who plan to enroll in a sequence of credit or non-credit courses that leads to licensure or certification; or in a registered apprenticeship program.
The Challenge Program for developmentally disabled adults, and the GTP (Graduate Transition Program).
A limited number of need based scholarships are available for qualified Challenge students, pending funding availability, through Montgomery College's Workforce Development and Continuing Education. Need-based students accepted into the Graduate Transition Program (GTP) may also qualify for funding depending on the courses that they are enrolled in.
Visit Challenge / GTP Scholarship for more information .
Tuition Assistance is available for HOC residents to enroll in and credit and non-credit certification programs at Montgomery College’s WDCE Gudelsky Institute (GITE). Funds are limited.
A limited number of scholarships to Montgomery College are available for qualified HUI (Housing Unlimited Inc.) or MHP (Montgomery Housing Partnership) residents. Scholarship funding is awarded each term as available. The scholarship money is awarded for tuition and fees only. Cost of books is not included.
Visit HUI and MHP Scholarship for WDCE Noncredit courses to learn more.