Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship
The Maryland Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance to students enrolling in an approved non-credited certificate program leading to apprenticeships, employment, licensure, or job skill enhancement only at a participating Maryland Community College.
Take note of the approved sequence courses, the scholarship checklist to verify eligibility prescribed by the State of Maryland, and the Important Information you should know about the scholarship opportunity.
The deadline for the scholarship application is May 20, 2019.
Sequence Scholarship Approved Sequence Courses
The following Montgomery College Workforce Development & Continuing Education sequence courses are approved for the scholarship:
- Child Development Associate
- Child Development Associate – (Spanish)
- Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Amazon Web Services
- Commercial Driver’s License
Required Documentation and Application Forms:
The Checklist lists the eligibility requirements prescribed by the State of Maryland.
The documentation must accompany your application form.
Sequence Scholarship Application Form
The Sequence Scholarship Application Form must be completed and received before May 20, 2019. Incomplete applications will NOT be reviewed.
Sequence Scholarship Checklist
Students must meet the requirements listed on the scholarship checklist, and provide appropriate documentation. Visit the Sequence Scholarship Checklist for the complete listing and program FAQs.
Important Information You Should Know
- Available for specific workforce programs. Current list is included above. List is subject to change at any time.
- Available to MD Residents, graduates of MD high schools, and active duty military residing in MD.
- Funds shall be used for tuition, fees, and associated costs of attendance that have not been met through another grant or scholarship.
- Students may receive up to $2,000 per workforce sequence.
- Students may only complete one workforce sequence at a time.
- Students may not be awarded for more than 2 sequences per award year statewide.
- Funds are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Students must pledge to remain drug free for the full term of the award.
- Students must provide copy of their Social Security card.
- Applying for the scholarship does not guarantee an award.
- Students should not expect refunds of unused grant amounts.
- Scholarship funds not used within three months of being awarded may be cancelled and you will have to reapply.
- All scholarships are managed and awarded in accordance to the Maryland Higher Education Commission’s prescribed guidelines and Montgomery College policy.
Please complete the application forms and provide required documentation, to have your application reviewed and considered for a scholarship award. Scholarship applications and required material must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope to:
Attn: Cathy Giovannetti, Montgomery College – Rockville Campus 51 Mannakee St., Campus Center 220 Rockville, MD 20850
Office Hours: Mon to Thurs – 8:30am to 7:00pm Friday -- 8:30am to 5:00pm Sat -- 8:30am to 12:00pm (noon)
DO NOT mail applications. They must be hand delivered to a Customer Service Representative, Rockville Campus at CC 220 only. For additional information please contact Cathy Giovannetti at email@example.com or 240-567-2580. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org