Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship
Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship 2019-2020 School Year
The Maryland Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance to students enrolling in an approved non-credited certificate program leading to apprenticeships, employment, licensure, or job skill enhancement only at a participating Maryland Community College.
Please read all instructions carefully as incomplete applications will be declined.
NEW! All students applying for this Sequence Scholarship MUST complete the FAFSA® (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Visit FAFSA® to fill out the online form. Please use Montgomery College school code #006911
Sequence Scholarship Approved Sequence Courses
The following Montgomery College Workforce Development & Continuing Education sequence courses are approved for the scholarship:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Hospital Based
- Certified Apartment Maintenance Technician
- Child Development Associate
- Child Development Associate - (Spanish)
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Nail Technician
- Networking Academy
- Nurse Refresher
- Phlebotomy Technican
- Professional Pet/Dog Training
- Veterinary Assistant Training
Important Information You Should Know
- Available for specific workforce programs. Current list is included. List is subject to change at any time.
- Available to MD Residents, graduates of MD high schools, and active duty military residing in MD.
- Funds shall be used for tuition, fees, and associated costs of attendance that have not been met through another grant or scholarship.
- Students may receive up to $2,000 per workforce sequence.
- Students may only complete one workforce sequence at a time.
- Students may not be awarded for more than 2 sequences per award year statewide.
- Funds are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Students must pledge to remain drug free for the full term of the award.
- Applying for the scholarship does not guarantee an award.
- Students should not expect refunds of unused grant amounts.
- Scholarship funds not used within three months of being awarded may be cancelled and you will have to reapply.
- All scholarships are managed and awarded in accordance to the Maryland Higher Education Commission’s prescribed guidelines and Montgomery College policy.
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Online Application
- Use Montgomery College code 006911
- Workforce Development & Continuing Education Brochure of Classes (PDF, )
- Application Process Information, At a Glance Chart (PDF, )
- WDCE 2019-2020 Sequence Scholarship Application Form (2 pages) (PDF, )
- Checklist for Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship (PDF, )
- Additional Documentation may be necessary
- Submit Maryland High School Transcript if not a current resident of Maryland
- Submit Military order or DD214 if Active Duty stationed or residing in Maryland
- Questions? Email Customer Service firstname.lastname@example.org
- WD&CE Scholarship Opportunities
- WD&CE Career Path Scholarship
- Financial Eligibility Guidelines WD&CE Scholarships
- WD&CE Career Path Scholarship FAQs
- Challenge and GTP Student Scholarship Opportunity
- Challenge and GTP Scholarship FAQs
- Workforce Development Sequence Scholarship
- Maryland Community College Promise Scholarship
- HUI and MHP Scholarship Opportunity
WD&CE Scholarship Opportunities
WD&CE Customer Service