Challenge and GTP Student Scholarship Opportunity
A limited number of need based scholarships are available for qualified Challenge students, pending funding availability, through Montgomery College's Workforce Development and Continuing Education. Need-based students accepted into the Graduate Transition Program (GTP) may also qualify for funding depending on the courses that they are enrolled in.
Visit the Challenge / GTP Scholarship Opportunity Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), for more information about the eligibility requirements, and the terms and conditions of the two scholarships.
Application Period for the Scholarship
Fall 2022 Challenge/GTP Scholarship dates, details, and Fall Application Forms are now available. Funding is limited!
Applications are accepted between Monday July 25, 2022 to Wednesday August 10, 2022. Application and all supporting documents must be in a sealed envelope and mailed or hand delivered by August 10, 2022. If you mail the application it must be postmarked by August 10 or earlier and received by Monday August 15, 2022 at the latest. Late or incomplete applications are not eligible for funding.
MAIL to:Montgomery College, Workforce Development & Continuing Education
Attn: Challenge Scholarship WDCE Customer Service, CC220 51 Mannakee Street, Rockville, Maryland 20850
See below for more information. The Challenge Program/ GTP Program Scholarship is offered twice a year for the Fall or Spring terms.
How do I apply?
Important notice about the SSI Benefit Verification Letter
Until further notice you will a need a "Benefit Verification Letter" from SSI. The Challenge/GTP students will need to call SSI at 1-866-838-5341 and request a “Benefit Verification Letter”. This will take 5-7 days to be delivered via USPS.
- Read the Challenge / GTP Scholarship Opportunity FAQs to confirm you are eligible for the scholarship.
- Obtain a signed SSI Benefit Verification Letter by mail from the Social Security Administration that will confirm that you are that you are receiving SSI or SSDI payments and are permanently disabled. Call SSI at 1-866-838-5341 and request a “Benefit Verification Letter”. This will take 5-7 days to be delivered via USPS.
- Return the completed SSI Benefit Verification Letter to Workforce Development and Continuing Education (WDCE) along with your registration
form and payment.
- Note: The Certification for Tuition Waiver form or SSI Benefit Verification Letter is only valid for one academic year (Academic year starts with the Fall semester), and must be renewed each August.
- Fill out the appropriate Challenge / GTP Scholarship Application.
- Applications are accepted between Monday July 25, 2022 to Wednesday August 10, 2022. Application and all supporting documents must be in one sealed envelope and hand delivered or mailed by Wednesday August 10, 2022. If mailed must be postmarked by Wednesday August 10th , 2022 or earlier, and received by Monday August 15, 2022at the latest. Late or incomplete applications are not eligible for funding.
- Address for delivery of the scholarship application packet!
- Montgomery College, Workforce Development Continuing Education
- Attn: name of scholarship (either Challenge or GTP Scholarship)
- WDCE Customer Service, CC220,
- 51 Mannakee Street, Rockville, Maryland 20850