WDCE Career Path Scholarship
Workforce Development and Continuing Education Career Path Scholarship
A limited number of scholarships are available, pending funding, through Montgomery College Workforce Development and Continuing Education and the Montgomery College Foundation for qualified students pursuing career path courses with the intention to obtain entry-level employment.
The scholarship is awarded for up to $1000 to cover tuition and fees only. The scholarship may be applied to one or more eligible courses (PDF, ) , within the career area chosen, to pay tuition and fees not covered by another funding source, waiver eligibility, or payment plan (including employers). This scholarship will not cover 100% of the applicable tuition and fees if the total tuition and fees exceed $1000.
The information and application packet for Spring 2021 scholarships is now available.
Applications are only accepted during the specified time period. Early, late, or incomplete applications will not be eligible for funding.
This scholarship opportunity has the following characteristics:
- Up to $1000 maximum for tuition and fees only (does not include textbooks; students must purchase separately), see FAQs for more details.
- Pays for specific career area course(s) tuition and fees only. See listing of eligible courses (PDF, ) , ONLY courses on this list are eligible for the scholarship.
- One-time award per student.
- One career area, see Application Packet (PDF, ) for choices.
- All prerequisites, assessments and/or entrance requirements apply (refer to printed and/or online Schedule of Classes / Subject Listnew window for further information).
- These scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
- To be eligible to apply for the Career Path WDCE Scholarship, the student must:
- Be a Montgomery County resident, and qualify for in-state tuition per College Guidelines.
- Have verifiable financial need, see Financial Eligibility new windowchart.
- Have no unmet / unaddressed financial obligations to MC
Recipients will receive an award of up to $1000 to be used to pay tuition and fees for one or more of the applicable career area courses indicated on the application. Awards are nonrenewable.
Application and Documentation
Read instructions carefully as they have changed due to COVID.
Interested students MUST complete the 4-page Application Packet and place the application form and ALL necessary documentation into a sealed envelope. This must be MAILED to the address listed below.
The application period for Spring 2021 is between November 30, 2020 and December 11, 2020. Applications must be postmarked December 11th or earlier and received by December 14th. Applications received by any mail service after Monday December 14th will be considered late even if postmarked by December 11, 2020. The College is not responsible for any documents that do not get delivered for whatever reason by any mail service. Do not mail applications using a mail delivery service requiring verification of receipt and/or signature by a College staff member. College offices do NOT have staff available to do so. No emailed applications will be accepted due to the confidential content of the information required to be submitted. This is for the security of the applicant’s information.
The application is a fillable PDF, if you use Chrome. It does not work as a fillable pdf in Firefox, but you may print it out and print carefully..
Late or incomplete applications will not be eligible for funding.
The following required documents must be included:
- The completed four page Application Packet (PDF, )
- Proof of income (see application for accepted documentation)
- Residency documentation (if applicable)
- Mail to
- Montgomery College, Workforce Development and Continuing Education,
- Attn: Career Path WDCE Scholarship,
- 51 Mannakee Street, CC220, Maryland 20850
Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all required materials in one envelope. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All applications must be received by the specified date on the application. Applications must be mailed. All information received is considered confidential and is reviewed only by the Career Path WDCE Scholarship Review committee.
Selection of Recipients
Grant recipients are selected on the basis of eligibility and submitted support for pursuing a chosen career area. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
Awarded applicants will be notified by mail. Recipients with a signed acceptance letter form can use up to the amount awarded them to pay for tuition and fees for courses in the selected career path area that are open for registration prior to June 30th within the same fiscal year awarded (September to June 30th), unless otherwise indicated in the award letter, or the funding is no longer available at the time you try to register. Any unused portion of the funds awarded will be forfeited as of June 30th.
Payment of Grant
Awards will be paid by posting the grant payment directly to student accounts once registration in specified course(s) is completed. Students are responsible for registering for the course(s) within the career area to correspond to the intended-course list submitted on the application. When registering, students must show their award letter as proof of forthcoming payment in the amount specified on the award letter for tuition and fees. All registrations are to be done in person at one of the WDCE Customer Service locations. See WDCE Customer Service locations
Recipients are responsible for paying any tuition or fee balance not covered by the scholarship award and for notifying Montgomery College of any changes in address or contact information. Recipients are responsible for adhering to Montgomery College policy and procedures.
Montgomery College Workforce Development and Continuing Education reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this grant program and to make changes at any time including termination of the program.