Lifelong Learning at Montgomery College
LIfelong Learning programs offer a wide range of opportunities and activities throughout the county for 50+ Learners and are a resource to enrich your life. We provide many opportunities to expand your horizons, to learn, earn a degree, engage in cultural activities, or enhance your workskills.
Lifelong Learning Institute
Intellectually stimulating enrichment programs for students ages 50+
- Over 140 courses in variety of areas, including Art, Art History, Brain Fitness, History and Current Events, Personal Finance, Fitness, and more.
- Daytime & evening non-credit courses.
- Students 60 and over pay fees only.
- Learn More.
Learn! Thinking about going back to school? Which path is right for you?
- Credit Classes can can lead to a Degree or a Certificate. You must be admitted to the College to take these courses.
- Audit a class, this is an opportunity to take credit classes without getting a grade for the class.
- Noncredit. Noncredit open enrollment, Workforce Development & Continuing Education courses can lead to skills development, perhaps lead to professional certifications and employment advancement. Or you may be interested in Enrichment courses.
- Online Courses, you may choose from both credit/degree programs and noncredit classes.
- Learn More
Work and Employment Skills and Resources for 50+ Learners
- Are you thinking of making a career change? Looking for employment? Interested in researching the job market? Boosting your employment strategy? These resources may help.
- Advising, Counseling, and MC Career Services
- Career Coach – a free online resource for employment market research, job openings, and more.
- Employment Skills non-credit courses
- Ejobs - Online database of employment opportunities
- Learn More
Engage and Play. Get Involved!
There are many opportunities to engage in cultural activities, sports and fitness, volunteer, or participate in the MC Alumni organization. Here are the highlights:
Performing & Visual Arts Programs, Summer Dinner Theater, Athenaeum Lecture Series, Fitness and Swimming Facilities, MC Raptors Basketball Games, MC Alumni & Volunteer Offices