Information Technology Institute
Whether you want to prepare for in-demand IT certifications, start a new IT/cyber career, or update your knowledge of the latest software and hardware, the Information Technology Institute has the course or courses for you. Choose from a wide range of career-focused, hands-on courses taught by industry professionals in our state-of-the-art technology classrooms. Classes are taught virtually or on campus.
- Spring 2024 "At a Glance Schedule" for Computer Technology / ITI. (PDF, )
- ITI Brochure (PDF, ) . The brochure will provide course descriptions, prerequisites, scheduling information and pricing, and book information.
- Student Toolkit!....new windowTop ten things students want to know.
Did you miss the Information Technology Institute (ITI) Virtual Open House?
This event was moderated by Carolina Galeano of Montgomery College MCTV, along with panelists which include MC Faculty, alumni and students.
View the video to Learn about MC’s Information Technology Institute Career Pathways that lead to IT certifications and entry level jobs in IT at a virtual open house. Faculty and alumni will discuss career pathways in cybersecurity, networking, cloud technologies, and data analytics.
Most of these questions were answered live by the participants during the virtual open house and are included in the video.
- Will the slides by Ms. Galeano be available to access?
- I'm a College and Career Coach at Montgomery College and I have a lot of interested students.
- What would I search for on YouTube to see this?
- Will this be recorded? If so, would you share it with us? https://www.youtube.com/live/jdJEGX23peM?si=71Ir674RxCy5t9wo
- I have a certificate in cybersecurity plus but no job or experience. How can this program help me? I am looking for mentorship and then getting another certificate and a job.
- How much the cost for data analysis?
- Are these classes open to everyone, even if you don't have a degree?
- I have a masters in health informatics. I have interest in data analytics but no experience in my field. I have more than 12 years experience working in the health field with health information but no informatics. How can your program help me get into the field of data analytics?
- How long after completing the program were you (alumni) able to secure a job or job experience?
- Does MC help with job placement and networking?
- For a professional who has no experience in IT, but wants to get into coding, where does one start?
- I am wondering if the online IT program offers hands-on examples similar to what is provided in a traditional classroom setting?
- If you are just starting out in tech with no background is this the perfect pathway to a certification for entry level employment?
- Which ITI course would you recommend for a career path towards a Database Administrator?
- Does any of your guests have recommendations for HS students (Jr. or Sr.) on what courses to take in HS to prepare for study at MC ITI?
- Can an F-1 student visa holder register for any of these courses?
- Does it mean the Cyber Security also cost about the same as the data analysis?
- Do DC residents get the Maryland tuition rate?
- I have a security plus certificate. Can I join straight into the network certificate?
- Is there a resource/contact one could reach out to make sure we are choosing the courses that align with our career goals before registering?
- What course would u recommend for an IT, beginner?
- And where can I find links for boot camp or IT foundation?
- What course would you recommend for Quality Assurance?
- Does financial aid cover ITI Courses?
- Are companies likely to hire someone whose main IT experience is their certifications and hands-on classroom experience? Does hands on experience directly translate to the real world experience companies are looking for?
- How often do you have these open houses?
- Am I correct.... Is the goal of MC ITI to prepare students for taking specific certification tests?
- I attended an ignITe hub session at the Rockville campus and believe that they do help with your job search. Contact ignITe hub to find out for certain.
- What's the difference between Ed2Go courses and ITI courses?
- Are the cybersecurity classes virtual or in person?
Browse Courses by Topic
Select a topic below to see all courses offered in that subject, along with course objectives, at-a-glance course schedules, and recommended course sequences.
Computer Training for your Employees
Does your business need computer training for your employees? Most of our classes are also available as customized contract training for your business or organization. MC Business Solutions may be able to helpnew window. Fill out the MC Business Training Solutions Form or contact the Business Solutions Manager.