In the simplest terms, cloud computing means storing and accessing data and programs over the Internet instead of your computer's hard drive. These courses offer cloud based solutions to build sophisticated applications with increased flexibility, scalability, reliability and other functionality to help businesses grow.
Select a course below to read course descriptions and objectives. You may take one course or a series of courses; see below for recommended course sequences. Courses are offered throughout fall, spring, and summer, but not all courses are offered each semester.
Take a series of courses to build a foundation of knowledge and develop your skills along a specific track. We have developed a recommended course sequence to help you choose which courses to take and the order in which to take them.
Courses below, in general, are listed in order of difficulty and are linked to course descriptions with objectives.
- AWS Cloud Engineering, Introduction
- Amazon Web Services AWS - Cloud Practitioner
- Amazon Web Services AWS Certified Developer Introduction
- Amazon Web Services AWS - Certified Solutions Architect Exam Prep
- Amazon Certified SysOps Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Azure Introduction
Course Schedules at a Glance
Due to COVID, there have been a number of changes to the WDCE brochure (PDF, ) . See below for the most current schedule and technology information:
- Information Technology Schedule by Datenew window. This information is subject to change without notice.
- ITI Remote Technology Requirementsnew window. This information is supplied to assure you have the proper home set up to take our classes.
- Pricing Information can be found in the WDCE Brochure (PDF, ) .
- Registration Information. Registration may be online via MYMC, or mailed.
Use the Career and Program Explorer to see a full report for this career field. For some positions listed, a bachelor's degree or higher may be required.
You can also explore Career Coachnew window to learn more about this career and/or discover related majors and in-demand careers based on your current interests. Take a Career Assessment and then browse careers and job opportunities in the area. The job listings and information provided are specific to Montgomery County and the surrounding localities.
Not sure what path to take? ITI Classes to Careers Roadmap (PDF, ) may help.