Nursing Related Programs
Nursing Related Programs at Montgomery College
Montgomery College’s nursing and nursing related program offerings are designed for nurses and healthcare providers who need to build skills and knowledge and the general public who want to pursue certifications in the healthcare career fields. Students must understand and meet ALL requirements and/or standards imposed by the Maryland Board of Nursing. Many of these programs have prerequisites, which you must meet before you may attend the clinical session or work with patients.
- Once a nurse always a nurse! If you want to reenter the workforce, reboot your career by taking a nurse refresher program for RNs and LPNs.
- CNAs and GNAs (Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Geriatric Nursing Assistant) are in high demand in long-term care facilities and hospitals. Take a nursing assistant program and earn a certificate in 8-12 weeks.
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, CPR/AED & First aid certification training classes are offered on all campuses for students 16 years of age and up.
Learn more about the Nursing Related Certification Programs
- CNA/GNA (Certified Nursing Assistant and/or Certified Geriatric Assistant). Learn more about CNA/GNA
- Transition to Acute Care Training for Professional Healthcare Workers
- Basic Cardiac Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- CPR, AED (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation / Automated External Defibrillator)
- First Aid
Learn more about the Nursing Related Renewal Programs
- Medicine Aide Update
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS Renewal)
- Nurse Refresher (RNs & LPNs) – Blended Online and Traditional programs
Learn more about the Nursing Related Preparation Programs
- GNA exam/skills preparation
- NCLEX RN Review
- RN Delegating/Case Manager for Assisted Living
- Train the Trainer: Preparing CNAs for Success
- Dysrhythmia Recognition and Response Algorithms for Healthcare Providers
- Transition to Acute Care Training for Professional Healthcare Workers.
Health Sciences Institute
End of section