Montgomery College School of Project Management
Discover Project Management at Montgomery College!
Our goal is to elevate your skills and get you engaged with our expert and experienced faculty, affordable courses and courses tailored to helping you not just pass your exam, but to help you become a better project manager. Project Management Flyer (PDF, ) .
Meet the Growing Demand for Certified Project Managers!
- Earn a higher salary: PMP® credential holders can earn upward of 23% more annually than non-credentialed jobholders according to PMI's Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey 10th Edition.
- Earn a prestigious certification recognized around the globe.
- Build skills and knowledge that are transferable between industries, market segments and geographic locations.
- Benefit from a projected 1.57 million new project management jobs created around the world each year through 202, according to the Project Management Talent Gap Report.
- Gain an advantage over non-certified project managers.
Montgomery College's Approach to Project Management Certifications
- We offer a 3-course sequence to help you work towards obtaining your certification. See the course descriptions for: Fundamentals, Practical Approach, Exam Prep for PMP or CAPM.
- Our courses are designed to make you a better project manger and prep you for your career after the exam.
- We see passing the exam as the icing on the cake for what you have been able to accomplish.
Certification and PDU / Open Enrollment Descriptions:
This track thoroughly prepares students for the Project Management Institute (PMI)® certification exam. The certification is designed for experienced project managers with a minimum of 4,500-7,500 hours of project management experience who want to elevate their skills, increase marketability and apply a standards-based approach to project management across industries.
The course sequence below for the PMP® Track must be taken in the correct order:
This track is designed for those with less than 3 years of experience in project teams or project management. The certification increases your marketability and shows commitment to project management.
The course sequence below for the CAPM® Track must be taken in the correct order:
We offer courses to fulfill the required continuing education courses or PDUs for individuals with the PMP® certification. These courses are also offered as open enrollment courses for students looking to obtain new skills or develop ones they already have.
We offer 13 courses for continuing education. Not all courses are offered every term. View our all of our courses and their descriptions.
The Project Management Institute has reviewed and approved Montgomery College’s Workforce Development & Continuing Education Department as a provider of project management training and as a Global Registered Education Provider. Now listed as a premier resource for project management training and development in Maryland, WD&CE offers individuals the professional certification needed to compete in today’s fast-paced and highly technical workplace.
Montgomery College does not administer the Project Management Professional (PMP)® nor the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exams. For more information on applying for the CAPM® or PMP® certification exams, go to the PMI website.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. Montgomery College has been reviewed and approved as a provider of project management training by the Project Management Institute (PMI). PMP, CAPM and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Management & Leadership
- Project Management
- PMP® Certification Track
- CAPM® Certification Track
- Project Management Fundamentals
- A Practical Approach to Project Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Exam Prep
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Exam Prep
- Project Management PDUs and Open Enrollment
- Six Sigma