Web Development Certificate
Our certificate will provide you with the skills necessary for an entry-level position in the web development industry, or for transfer to another institution.
The certificate curriculum focuses on website design, web database technology, web content management systems and strategy, and HTML validity.
MC’s faculty experts will set you on a path for success in the web development industry.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Create valid XHTML webpages.
- Use an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) effectively.
- Create webpages incorporating the Cascading Style Sheets technology.
- Create webpages with dynamic content utilizing a web database technology.
- Create coherent and intuitive websites or web-enabled applications.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans and make sure you are on track to graduate and/or transfer. The program advising guide outlines the certificate requirements and is meant to supplement the advising process.
Web developers design and create websites. They are responsible for the look of the site. They are also responsible for the site’s technical aspects, such as its performance and capacity, which are measures of a website’s speed and how much traffic the site can handle. In addition, web developers may create content for the site.
- Career Outlook for web developersnew window: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coach: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes. These courses are designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.