Electronic Photography Certificate
The field of electronic photography is continually evolving. MC’s electronic photography certificate ensures that you stay up-to-date with industry trends.
The certificate curriculum is designed for those looking to upgrade their skills or prepare for a new job specialization. Courses include photography, Photoshop, image editing, and digital photography.
You will learn black-and-white and color photography skills, and techniques in electronic photography and digital imaging as they apply to the modern business of professional photography.
Upon completion of this program, a student will be able to:
- Capture, edit, and output photographs for both print and web applications technology for use in commercial or fine art environments.
- Operate a wide variety of photographic lighting equipment for use in studio, architectural, and varied commercial environments.
- Consciously employ complex aesthetic strategies as they apply to visual problem-solving methods.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
For some positions listed, a bachelor's degree or higher may be required. Use the Career and Program Explorer to see a full report for this career field. See links below chart for further guidance and/or connect with a Program Advisor to discuss career goals.
Photographers use their technical expertise, creativity, and composition skills to produce and preserve images that tell a story or record an event.
- MC Student Employment Services: Speak with the Student Employment Specialist for help with resume writing, interviewing, setting up a College Central Network (CCN)new window account and other job search topics.
- Career Coach: Explore Career Coach to learn more about this career and/or discover related majors and in-demand careers based on your current interests! Take a Career Assessment and then browse careers and job opportunities in the area.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes. These courses are designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.