Electronic Photography Certificate
The field of electronic photography is continually evolving. MC’s electronic photography certificate ensures that you stay up-to-date with industry trends.
The certificate curriculum is designed for those looking to upgrade their skills or prepare for a new job specialization. Courses include photography, Photoshop, image editing, and digital photography.
You will learn black-and-white and color photography skills, and techniques in electronic photography and digital imaging as they apply to the modern business of professional photography.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Utilize current digital imaging technology for image capture and editing and advanced image output for both print and web applications to produce photographic images for use in commercial, fine art, or academic environments.
- Utilize a wide variety of lighting applications for use in studio, architectural, fine art, and varied commercial environments.
- Pursue academic research that involves evaluations of photographic ideas and applications for commercial and/or fine art purposes.
- Consciously employ aesthetic strategies as applications in visual problem-solving methodologies.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
Photographers use their technical expertise, creativity, and composition skills to produce and preserve images that tell a story or record an event.
- Career Outlook for Photographersnew window: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coach: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development & Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.