Portrait, Fashion, and Photojournalism Certificate
MC’s portrait, fashion, and photojournalism certificate provides specialized training in photographic skills and techniques in constructing narrative frameworks.
In addition to still image capture, you’ll learn fundamental aspects of video to further enhance the art of storytelling with portraits and fashion.
Our certificate curriculum is designed to upgrade skills for currently employed individuals or provide new skills for a career change. Courses include photography, photojournalism, and portrait and fashion photography.
€‹Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Work with digital imaging technology and a variety of lighting equipment to produce photographic images for use in studio, architectural, fine art, and varied commercial environments.
- Design and create advanced converging media content for story telling with both print image sequencing and video.
- Design and create advanced photographic applications that specifically address the needs of commercial and fine art portrait and fashion markets.
- Consciously employ complex aesthetic strategies as they apply to visual problem-solving methods.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
- Portrait, Fashion, and Photojournalism Certificate Program Advising Guide (PDF, )
- Find a Program Advisor
Photographers use their technical expertise, creativity, and composition skills to produce and preserve images that tell a story or record an event.
- Career Outlook for Photographersnew window: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coach: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.