Photography Master Certificate
Are you ready to make your move in the field of photography? Then MC’s photography master certificate is for you.
Our certificate will prepare you for careers in photography photography—industrial, commercial, portrait, lab technician—or management of photographic services.
Our curriculum provides a balanced aesthetic and technical foundation for immediate entry into the professional field or for further study.
Courses include photography, digital photography, color materials and processes, business practices and portfolio development, and more.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Apply traditional darkroom photographic principles, practicies and problem-solving methods to the current digital imaging technology.
- Operate a wide variety of photographic lighting equipment for use in studio, architectural, fine art, and varied commercial environments.
- Effectively evaluate photographs with a thorough understanding of the creative process, based on academic research.
- Design and implement a business development strategy appropriate for the field of photography.
- Create and implement a complex production plan that includes related disciplines including video production, web design, computer graphics, or gaming.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
Photographers use their technical expertise, creativity, and composition skills to produce and preserve images that tell a story or record an event.
- Career Outlook for Photographersnew window: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coach: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.