Montgomery College is training the next generation of successful photographers. Our expert faculty members closely mentor students in a variety of photography classes, including digital photography, photojournalism, portrait and fashion photography, image editing, printing and more.
Whether you are new to the field or have previous training, our comprehensive photography program offers courses that will fit your needs. You can pursue an associate’s degree or a certificate to lead you to your next step and advance your career.
Our industry-standard facilities include:
- Photography studios with strobe lighting and light modifier accessories
- Department exhibition gallery
- Wide array of camera and lighting equipment for student loan
- Digital photo labs equipped with iMac computers and the latest imaging software
- Large format printers with color calibrated monitors and commercial grade paper profiles for fine art printing
Photography Degree and Certificates
Learn more about program outcomes, required courses, transfer opportunities, and career information.
- Electronic Photography Certificate
- Photographic Techniques Certificate
- Photography Master Certificate
- Portrait, Fashion, and Photojournalism Certificate
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development & Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.