Information Technology Certificate
This curriculum is designed for the career professional who needs to become more proficient at using today’s popular software applications as tools in decision making, managing people and information, communicating effectively, enhancing company viability, and addressing today’s many technology challenges.
Upon completion of this program, a student will be able to:
Utilize productivity software (such as word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software) to create, analyze, store, and report information.
Locate and manage data on personal or collaborative technology.
Present information using multiple electronic media.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans. The program advising guide outlines the certificate requirements and is meant to supplement the advising process.
- Information Technology Certificate Program Advising Guide (PDF, )
- Information Technology Certificate Advising Guide for Part-Time Students (PDF, )
- Computer and Information Technology Professional Pathways (PDF, )
- Find a Program Advisor
For some positions listed, a bachelor's degree or higher may be required. Use the Career and Program Explorer to see a full report for this career field. See links below chart for further guidance and/or connect with a Program Advisor to discuss career goals.
Related careers include administrative assistant, office support specialist, information clerk, executive administrative assistant.
- MC Student Employment Services: Speak with the Student Employment Specialist for help with resume writing, interviewing, setting up a College Central Network (CCN)new window account and other job search topics.
- Career Coach: Explore Career Coach to learn more about this career and/or discover related majors and in-demand careers based on your current interests! Take a Career Assessment and then browse careers and job opportunities in the area.
Related Programs and Courses
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Update your skills and gain in-demand professional certifications in information technology, project management, human resources, business, or entrepreneurship; learn from faculty who are top industry experts.