Health Enhancement, Exercise Science, and Physical Education
Welcome to the Department of Health Enhancement, Exercise Science, and Physical Education. We are excited about the many programs and opportunities offered and look forward to assisting you in identifying the best fit for you and your career options. Whether you are interested in a career in the industry or just want to learn how to be healthy, we have something for you.
Health Enhancement, Exercise Science, and Physical Education Degrees and Certificate
Learn more about program outcomes, required courses, transfer opportunities, and career information.
- Community Health Area of Concentration AA Degree
- Exercise Science Area of Concentration AA Degree
- Physical Education Teacher Area of Concentration AA Degree
Students planning to transfer to a four-year institution in one of these majors should follow one of the degrees listed above OR a general studies AA degree. The choice depends on which degree most closely aligns with a four-year school’s lower level requirements. Work with a program advisor and check with your four-year schools of interest to determine which MC courses are required at the lower level. See all transfer agreements.
Students who plan to major in exercise science in order to later apply to physical therapy schools should consult the requirements of several PT programs. See Health Professions Advising for more information.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes. These courses are designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.
- Health Enhancement Exercise Science and Physical Education Program
- Community Health Area of Concentration, Arts and Sciences AA Degree
- Exercise Science Area of Concentration, Arts and Sciences AA Degree
- Physical Education Teacher Education Area of Concentration, Arts and Sciences AA Degree
- Public Health Sciences AS Degree
- Advanced Personal Trainer Certificate