Engine Performance Specialist Certificate
Prepare for or advance your career in the automotive service industry as an engine performance and repair technician. You'll also be prepared to take Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification exams for A-1 (Engine Repair), A-8 (Engine Performance), and L-1 (Advanced Engine Performance).
Courses taken toward this certificate may also be applied to the automotive technology AAS.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Obtain gainful employment in the automotive service and repair (or a related) industry.
- Complete successfully the following National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) automobile technician certification exams: A-1 (Engine Repair), A-8 (Engine Performance), and L-1 (Advanced Engine Performance Specialist).
Program Advising Guide
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
Opportunities exist in new vehicle dealerships, independent automobile repair facilities, vehicle fleet maintenance, and government agencies, or in performance, upfitter, and after-market installer shops.
- Career Outlook for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanicsnew window: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coachnew window: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Get Started: Apply and Register
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.