Automotive Electrical Systems Specialist Certificate
Prepare for or advance your career in the automotive service industry as an electrical systems technician. Courses cover automotive electricity, batteries, hybrid/electric vehicles, and more.
This program will prepare you to take the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification exams for A-6 (Electrical/Electronic Systems) and L-3 (Light Duty Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist).
Courses taken toward this certificate may also be applied to the automotive technology AAS.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Obtain gainful employment in the automotive service and repair (or related) industry.
- Complete successfully the following National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) automobile technician certification exam: A-6 (Electrical/Electronic Systems), L-3 (light duty Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist)
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
Opportunities exist in new vehicle dealerships, independent automobile repair facilities, vehicle fleet maintenance, and government agencies, or in performance, upfitter, and after-market installer shops.
- Career Outlook for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coach: Explore potential careers and job possibilities in Maryland and the Washington, DC, metropolitan area.
Get Started: Apply and Register
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development & Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.