Automotive Electrical Systems Specialist Certificate
Prepare for or advance your career in the automotive service industry as an electrical systems technician. Courses cover automotive electricity, batteries, hybrid/electric vehicles, and more.
This program will prepare you to take the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification exams for A-6 (Electrical/Electronic Systems) and L-3 (Light Duty Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist).
Courses taken toward this certificate may also be applied to the automotive technology AAS.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Obtain gainful employment in the automotive service and repair (or related) industry.
- Complete successfully the following National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) automobile technician certification exam: A-6 (Electrical/Electronic Systems), L-3 (light duty Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist)
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
- Automotive Electrical Systems Specialist Certificate Program Advising Guide (PDF, )
- Find a Program Advisor
Opportunities exist in new vehicle dealerships, independent automobile repair facilities, vehicle fleet maintenance, and government agencies, or in performance, upfitter, and after-market installer shops.
- Career Outlook for Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanicsnew window: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coachnew window: Explore potential careers and job possibilities in Maryland and the Washington, DC, metropolitan area.
Get Started: Apply and Register
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.