The biomanufacturing certificate prepares you for immediate employment in biomanufacturing. This certificate is suitable for students who have completed high school and desire fast entry into the biotechnology industry, for people who want to update or upgrade their skills, or for those who have obtained a bachelor’s degree in the life sciences and want additional training.
Students must obtain consent of the biotechnology program coordinator before enrolling in the certificate curriculum.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Complete, independently and working in teams, basic laboratory tasks common to biomanufacturing such as documentation, pipetting, buffer preparation, dilutions, and gel electrophoresis.
- Define and explain the basic principles, concepts, and techniques of biomanufacturing.
- Be technically prepared for entry-level positions in the local biotechnology industry.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
Entry-level biotechnology workers are involved in laboratory work such as cell culture and upstream processing; bio-manufacturing antibody production and isolation; DNA and RNA isolation and PCR; working in a regulatory environment following GXP (GLP and cGMP) requirements; toxicology or vaccine sterility testing; testing and developing diagnostic and therapeutic agents; and quality control and quality assurance.
- Career Outlook for Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupationsnew window: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coachnew window: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Get Started: Apply and Register
Related Programs and Courses
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Our noncredit program offers short courses or workshops (generally less than one week) to address specific training needs in the biotechnology industry.
- BIOTrainnew window is a sector partnership of biotechnology companies, government, nonprofits, led by Montgomery College and working together to shape a technical workforce that is ready for today and tomorrow.
- Bio-Trac® in partnership with Montgomery College is proud to offer graduate/post graduate level hands-on laboratory training workshops for research scientists at the Bioscience Education Center’s state-of-the-art facility in Germantown, Maryland.
Contact Michael Gove, Program Manager, at 240-567-2245 or Michael.Gove@montgomerycollege.edu for more information.