IT Professional+ Certificate
Through this certificate program, you'll develop a technical understanding of computer technology, networking and security, as well as the communication skills and professionalism required of all entry-level IT professionals. You can also prepare to earn valuable industry certifications, like the professional CompTIA A+, Linux+, Network+, and Security+ certificates.
Skills include software and hardware installation, network configuration and diagnosing, and preventive maintenance and security fundamentals. This certificate program is more of a “hands-on” orientation focused on scenarios in which troubleshooting and tools must be applied to resolve problems.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate solid foundation skills and competency in a range of microcomputer hardware and software configuration and troubleshooting techniques.
- Demonstrate safe practices in the use of microcomputer hardware and software.
- Demonstrate ability, verbally and in writing, to think critically and analyze network structures.
- Demonstrate problem solving that employs technical skills and comprehension of networking with application to current industry.
- Demonstrate and employ the skills and concepts used to secure networks.
- Demonstrate constructive and organized work habits.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans and make sure you are on track to graduate and/or transfer.
MC has a long history of successfully preparing students for transfer to four-year institutions. See all transfer agreements.
Career opportunities include system administrator and network administrator.
- MC Career Services: Career planning support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coachnew window: Explore hundreds of potential careers or job possibilities in Maryland and the Washington, DC, metropolitan area.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes. These courses are designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.