Cloud Computing and System Administrator Certificate
With this certificate program, you'll learn the fundamentals required for cloud computing and system administrator positions. You'll also develop the skills to install, configure, manage, maintain, and troubleshoot a virtual network infrastructure/cloud platform using popular tools.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Define the Internet of Things (IoT) and list various applications associated with the IoT.
- Evaluate various cloud delivery models.
- Describe the basics of networking fundamentals, including technologies, devices and protocols.
- Identify standard operating and maintenance resources.
- Explain files types, as well as their location, storage, use and attributes.
- Maintain high availability and fault tolerance in virtual environment.
- Configure and deploy Cloud products using virtualization technologies.
- Design and implement cloud applications that can scale up on a VM (Virtual Machine) and out across multiple VMs.
- Develop a plan with strategies to pass a minimum of two industry certification exams associated with cloud computing technology.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans and make sure you are on track to graduate and/or transfer.
- Cloud Computing and System Administrator Certificate Program Advising Guide (PDF, )
- Find a Program Advisor
MC has a long history of successfully preparing students for transfer to four-year institutions. See all transfer agreements.
This certificate program is designed for students pursuing a career in cloud computing and system administrator areas.
- Career Outlook for Network and Computer Systems Administratorsnew window: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Career planning support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coachnew window: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes. These courses are designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.