Advanced Interior Design Certificate
Are you an interior design professional looking to expand your skills or change your specialization? Stay on the cutting edge of the interior design industry with the advanced interior design certificate from Montgomery College.
In these courses, you'll focus on advanced design topics, such as lighting, kitchen, bath, office, AA specifications, and other specialty career options within the interior design profession.
Portfolio and/or résumé review approval by the program advisor is required prior to enrollment in the advanced courses.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Apply design principles and color theory in the execution of interior design projects.
- Identify the correct textiles, materials, finishes, and furniture for specifications.
- Collect and interpret the data necessary to solve interior design problems.
- Execute presentation and construction drawings.
- Be familiar with interior design principles and ethics.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans and make sure you are on track. The program advising guide outlines the certificate requirements and is meant to supplement the advising process.
Career possibilities include interior designer and space planner.
- Career Outlook for Interior Designers: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coach: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Get Started: Apply and Register
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes. These courses are designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.
- Interior Design Program
- Interior Design Preprofessional AAS Degree, General Area of Concentration
- Interior Design Preprofessional AAS Degree, NKBA-Accredited Area of Concentration
- Arts and Sciences AA Degree, Interior Design Preprofessional Area of Concentration
- Introductory Interior Design Certificate
- Advanced Interior Design Certificate