Introductory Interior Design Certificate
Are you interested in becoming an interior designer? Our introductory certificate program, designed specifically for those with no previous related education or experience, and will set you on the path to your new career.
Through the program, you will gain a general knowledge of interior design, technical drawing and drafting, presentation techniques, and business practices.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Apply design principles and color theory at a basic level in the execution of interior design projects.
- Identify the correct textiles, materials, finishes, and furniture for simple specifications.
- Collect and interpret the data necessary to solve simple interior design problems.
- Execute basic presentation and construction drawings.
- Be familiar with interior design principles and ethics.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans and make sure you are on track. The program advising guide outlines the certificate requirements and is meant to supplement the advising process.
- Introductory Interior Design Certificate Program Advising Guide (PDF, ) (PDF, )
- Find a Program Advisor
Career possibilities include interior designer, space planner
- Career Outlook for Interior Designers: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coach: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development & Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.
- Interior Design Program
- Interior Design Preprofessional AAS Degree, General Area of Concentration
- Interior Design Preprofessional AAS Degree, NKBA-Accredited Area of Concentration
- Arts and Sciences AA Degree, Interior Design Preprofessional Area of Concentration
- Introductory Interior Design Certificate
- Advanced Interior Design Certificate