Emergency Preparedness Management Certificate
The certificate in emergency preparedness management provides students with the technical and professional knowledge to prepare for a career in emergency management. Courses provide introductory through advanced training in the skills necessary to succeed as a professional in this field.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Develop and evaluate an emergency operations plan based on data provided on a hypothetical jurisdiction.
- Analyze organizational behavior problems as they apply to emergency operations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the activities that should happen in each phase of a disaster.
For some positions listed, a bachelor's degree or higher may be required. Use the Career and Program Explorer to see a full report for this career field. See links below chart for further guidance and/or connect with a Program Advisor to discuss career goals.
Related careers include law enforcement, fire service, and emergency medical services.
- MC Student Employment Services: Speak with the Student Employment Specialist for help with resume writing, interviewing, setting up a College Central Network (CCN)new window account and other job search topics.
- Career Coach: Explore Career Coach to learn more about this career and/or discover related majors and in-demand careers based on your current interests! Take a Career Assessment and then browse careers and job opportunities in the area.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes. These courses are designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.