Health Sciences Department
The Health Sciences Institute on the Takoma Park/Silver Spring campus offers a wide variety of credit courses in a number of different disciplines to accommodate all types of students.
Whether you are looking to complete a degree here at Montgomery College, start a program of study to transfer to a four year university, or simply attend a course in the interest of professional development, we can help.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Fire Science
- Health Information Management
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiologic Technology
- Surgical Technology
Degrees and Certificates
The Healthcare Initiative Foundation scholarships provide support of $1,500 at MC and $3,000 at USG each academic year. Bilingual students are particularly encouraged to apply, but these opportunities are open to any student who meets the criteria below.
Additional benefits for recipients will include healthcare interpreting certification or cultural communications training, as well as participation in an annual hands-on interprofessional collaboration activity with students in other healthcare fields.
The Healthcare Initiative Foundation scholarships are structured to provide ongoing support to recipients during your studies at Montgomery College and at the Universities at Shady Grove through completion of your bachelor’s degree, as long as you continue to meet the criteria:
- Need based
- Montgomery County resident
- Mental health or public health major
- Intends to pursue bachelor’s degree in social work or public health science at the Universities at Shady Grove
- Must commit to an internship/clinical rotation at a nonprofit (or hospital) in Montgomery
Maintain strong academic standing in their degree program
Visit the MC Foundation scholarships portal for more information.
- SONO 112 - Abdominal Sonography I (PDF, )
- SONO 123 - Obstetrics/GYN Sonography I (PDF, )
- SONO 205 - Acoustical Physics and Instrumentation II (PDF, )
- SONO 210 - Breast Sonography (PDF, )
- SONO 245 - Adult Echocardiography I (PDF, )
- SONO 246 - Vascular Sonography I (PDF, )
- SONO 262 - General Sonography Practicum II (PDF, )
- SONO 262 - Echo Sonography Practicum II (PDF, )
- SONO 262 - Vascular Sonography Practicum II (PDF, )
- SONO 266 - General Sonography Practicum VI (PDF, )
- SONO 266 - Echo Sonography Practicum VI (PDF, )
- SONO 266 - Vascular Sonography Practicum VI (PDF, )
- PHTH 101 Introduction to Physical Therapy (PDF, )
- PHTH 102 Basic Health Skills for the Physical Therapist Assistant (PDF, )
- PHTH 104 Surface Anatomy, Palpation, and Massage (PDF, )
- PHTH 112 Pathology for the Physical Therapist Assistant (PDF, )
- PHTH 113 Seminar I (PDF, )
- PHTH 204 Neurophysiology and Motor Learning (PDF, )
- PHTH 205 Seminar III (PDF, )
- PHTH 206 Measures and Interventions for Clinical Problems II (PDF, )
- PHTH 223 Clinical Practicum I (PDF, )
- RADT 119 Clinical Radiology I (PDF, )
Fall (1st year)
- RADT 101 Radiologic Technology I Syllabus (PDF, )
- RADT 111 Radiographic Positioning I Syllabus (PDF, )
- RADT 120 Clinical Radiology II Syllabus (PDF, )
Spring (1st year)
- RADT 102 Radiologic Technology II Syllabus (PDF, )
- RADT 112 Radiographic Positioning II Syllabus (PDF, )
- RADT 124 Clinical Radiology III Syllabus (PDF, )
- RADT 125 Clinical Radiology IV 3 - NO SYLLABUS UPLOADED
Fall (2nd year)
- RADT 206 Radiologic Technology III Syllabus (PDF, )
- RADT 211 Radiographic Positioning III Syllabus (PDF, )
- RADT 224 Clinical Radiology V Syllabus (PDF, )
Spring (2nd year)
- Medical Learning Center
- Learning Skills Support Services for Health Sciences Students
- Student Privacy (FERPA)
- TEAS Preparation and Information
Noncredit Courses and Training
Students have the opportunity to learn an entry level skill in the field of health sciences such as dialysis, EKG, phlebotomy, pharmacy technician, or medical assistant. We also offer wellness training and TEAS test preparation.
Nursing related courses include certified nursing assistant (CNA), certified geriatric assistant (GNA), and CPR and first aid training. We also offer nursing refresher classes for nurses wishing to reenter the field, as well as NCLEX RN review.
This department is part of MC's Health Sciences, Health, and Physical Education instructional area.