Media Production Certificate
MC’s Media Production Certificate is designed to prepare students for various careers in media content creation. These basic skills and specialized knowledge provide training in audio and video editing, studio production and field production for entry level employment or for professional development.
The required courses emphasize technical skills and media creation best practices. Several upper-level electives are offered to support specific career goals or transfer. Students in the certificate program enjoy hands-on experience using industry standard equipment and software.
All students in the certificate program should meet with a Media Production program advisor prior to choosing upper-level electives, to be clear on transferability and prerequisite requirements.
Upon completion of this program, a student will be able to:
- Successfully record video and audio in studio and on location with various professional cameras, microphones, lights and recording devices.
- Produce and edit segments and programs of various lengths, both in studio and on location, for the media production industry, social media and the Internet.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
For some positions listed, a bachelor's degree or higher may be required. Use the Career and Program Explorer to see a full report for this career field. See links below chart for further guidance and/or connect with a Program Advisor to discuss career goals.
Careers include set up, or set up and operate audio and video equipment including microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards, and related electronic equipment for concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, presentations, and news conferences. May also set up and operate associated spotlights and other custom lighting systems.
- MC Student Employment Services: Speak with the Student Employment Specialist for help with resume writing, interviewing, setting up a College Central Network (CCN)new window account and other job search topics.
- Career Coach: Explore Career Coach to learn more about this career and/or discover related majors and in-demand careers based on your current interests! Take a Career Assessment and then browse careers and job opportunities in the area.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes. These courses are designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.
- Broadcast Media Production Program
- Broadcast Media Production AAS, Radio Area of Concentration
- Broadcast Media Production AAS, Television Area of Concentration
- Media Production AA
- Media Production Certificate
- Audio Production Certificate
- Broadcast Journalism Certificate
- Digital Media Production Certificate
- Video Production Certificate