Video Production Certificate
Montgomery College’s video production certificate is designed to teach you video and audio production skills through hands-on, experience-based classes in studio, field, and post production. You will have an opportunity to train on industry-standard equipment.
The skills you will learn will be of value in broadcast, corporate, interactive, and educational media production and distribution.
Courses include television production, audio visual techniques, electronic field production, television directing, and more.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Record professional video and audio in the studio and on location with a variety of cameras, lights, microphones, and recording devices.
- Write, produce and edit professional videos and/or animations of various lengths designed to inform, engage or entertain specific target audiences.
- Solve technical and logistical problems through planning and preparation to successfully meet client deadlines with documentation of progress and delivery of product.
- Apply constructive, organized work habits and demonstrate safe practices in the use of technical video and audio equipment and computer hardware and software.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
For some positions listed, a bachelor's degree or higher may be required. Use the Career and Program Explorer to see a full report for this career field. See links below chart for further guidance and/or connect with a Program Advisor to discuss career goals.
Careers include set up, or set up and operate audio and video equipment including microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards, and related electronic equipment for concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, presentations, and news conferences. May also set up and operate associated spotlights and other custom lighting systems.
- MC Student Employment Services: Speak with the Student Employment Specialist for help with resume writing, interviewing, setting up a College Central Network (CCN)new window account and other job search topics.
- Career Coach: Explore Career Coach to learn more about this career and/or discover related majors and in-demand careers based on your current interests! Take a Career Assessment and then browse careers and job opportunities in the area.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes. These courses are designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.
- Broadcast Media Production Program
- Broadcast Media Production AAS, Radio Area of Concentration
- Broadcast Media Production AAS, Television Area of Concentration
- Media Production AA
- Media Production Certificate
- Audio Production Certificate
- Broadcast Journalism Certificate
- Digital Media Production Certificate
- Video Production Certificate