From paper to pixels, sketches to screens, professional graphic designers, illustrators, and multimedia artists create the images that inspire and inform today’s media savvy consumers.
In the insatiable gaming industry, animators and graphic designers bring static images to life using sophisticated software applications. In businesses, they design and create highly visible items including logos, package designs, and marketing materials.
With the variety of communication platforms, applications, and job opportunities, it is time for you to make your move in the digital arts industry.
Our State-of-the-Art Facilities Include:
- Fully equipped Macintosh design labs with the most current software, scanning, and professional printing equipment to support all classes
- An illustration and graphic studio with controlled lighting, storage, and workspace with drafting tables and Macintosh computers
- Real-time active motion capture system
- 3-D animation Macintosh lab
- Gallery space for student and professional exhibitions
The Washington, DC, region is a major center for careers in digital arts including publishing, advertising, marketing, design, illustration, animation, web and mobile design, and broadcast media. Graduates from the graphic design program at Montgomery College are working in these areas as production artists, designers, art directors, illustrators, production managers, publications specialists, animators, web designers, and company executives.
Many DC-area companies contact MC for interns or entry-level positions. Faculty members forward information about these opportunities to students in order to enhance their employment and career advancement prospects.
Graphic design courses help you develop marketable skills for various applications, including vocational interests, earning an associate's degree or certificate, or preparing for an advanced degree at a four-year institution.
Graphic Design Degrees and Certificates
- Digital Animation AAS Degree
- General Graphic Design Area of Concentration, Graphic Design AAS Degree
- Illustration Area of Concentration, Graphic Design AAS Degree
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes. These courses are designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.