Digital Animation Certificate
The field of digital animation continues to grow. Join a field that is thriving due to the increased demand for animation and visual effects in video games, movies, and television.
MC’s digital animation certificate will provide you with the skills necessary for junior or entry-level employment in the animation industry, or for transfer to another institution.
Courses include digital tools for the visual arts, animation, illustration, video editing, and more.
As a student at MC, you have access to industry-standard equipment. You will train on the same tools that you will use when you are in the field.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Apply and incorporate the elements and principles of design within a digital graphic images and animation context.
- Demonstrate visual problem solving that employs appropriate technical skills and techniques.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the history of digital art and animation.
- Use industry standard hardware and software to produce and manipulate digital images and animation.
- Develop a script and prepare a storyboard for 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional animation.
- Analyze and critique graphic images and animation.
- Develop a portfolio representative of the material and techniques studied, suitable for employment or transfer to another institution.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans. The program advising guide outlines the certificate requirements and is meant to supplement the advising process.
Multimedia artists and animators create animation and visual effects for television, movies, video games, and other forms of media.
- Career Outlook for Digital Animatorsnew window: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coach: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.