Our curriculum is particularly well suited to those students presently holding a bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution who wish to increase their knowledge, skills, and abilities, and qualify to sit for the Uniform C.P.A. exam in Maryland or the surrounding jurisdictions.
For those students holding bachelor’s degrees, all necessary additional coursework may be completed at MC, and in classes with a student/faculty ratio of no more than 30 to 1.
Our dedicated faculty possess diverse backgrounds in the accounting fields of practice, including academia, private practice, and government service, and strive to make the classroom experience thorough and relevant to today’s students.
The accounting certificate curriculum is designed to serve those students who desire to upgrade their professional competence. For those who want to complete the US Civil Service 24-hour accounting program, consult the Office of Personnel Management for a current listing of approved courses.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Identify, measure, record, and communicate financial information relating to an organization.
- Interpret, analyze, and evaluate financial information relating to an organization.
- Meet the qualifications for federal government accounting programs and upgrade professional competence.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans. The program advising guide outlines the certificate requirements and is meant to supplement the advising process.
Careers include accountant, financial manager, financial analyst, sales, project manager, and operation coordinator. Some positions require a bachelor’s degree.
- Career Outlook for Accountants and Auditors: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coach: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Related Programs and Courses
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
We also offer QuickBook courses in WD&CE's Information Technology Institute's Business Applications section.