Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Certificate
MC's hospitality supervision and leadership certificate will prepare you for a management role in the lodging or food service industry. You can customize the program by choosing courses in lodging or food service specialties. This certificate will prepare you for a new career, or will update and upgrade your skills if you are already in the field. Courses include supervision and leadership in the hospitality industry, management of front office industries, lodging and food service law, legal issues in labor management, and more. You can also continue your training at MC and pursue an associate's degree in the hospitality management program.
Now this certificate is also available fully online!
Upon completion of this program, a student will be able to:
- Appreciate the complexity of the hospitality industry as a whole.
- Explain general management theory as it applies to hospitality supervision and leadership.
- Enter, with junior standing, a four-year university with a major in hospitality management.
- Enter a management training program in lodging management.
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate an ability to provide exemplary customer service.
- Demonstrate an ability to perform responsibilities in an ethical manner.
- Be sensitive to the importance of diversity in the hospitality industry.
- Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Certificate Program Advising Guide (PDF, )
- Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Certificate Advising Guide for Part-Time Students (PDF, )
- Find a Program Advisor
For some positions listed, a bachelor's degree or higher may be required. Use the Career and Program Explorer to see a full report for this career field. See links below chart for further guidance and/or connect with a Program Advisor to discuss career goals.
Related careers include front office supervisor and first-line housekeeping supervisors.
- MC Student Employment Services: Speak with the Student Employment Specialist for help with resume writing, interviewing, setting up a College Central Network (CCN)new window account and other job search topics.
- Career Coach: Explore Career Coach to learn more about this career and/or discover related majors and in-demand careers based on your current interests! Take a Career Assessment and then browse careers and job opportunities in the area.
How To Apply and Register
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes. These courses are designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.