Skip to main content


Top Questions Students Ask

Registration Questions

Visit Registration Information to learn more about the various registration options for Workforce Development and Continuing Education courses.  

You have to be registered by the time class starts or before the class is full. Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis.

You must fill out the WDCE Transfer Form (PDF, Get Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader - Link opens in new window)  to transfer to another CRN/Class. Please note that there are restrictions. Visit WDCE Transfer Policy to learn more. 

Visit WDCE  Drop & Refund Policy for the terms and conditions regarding dropping a class and qualifying for a refund.  Note restrictions may apply.
A one-hundred percent refund of tuition and fees is granted if a course is administratively cancelled. 


Payment Options

Payment options can be made online via MYMC with credit or debit card. Payment by mail, in-person, or by fax can be made by check or credit card. Credit Cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, or Discover only. Visit Registration Information for further details. 

Workforce Development and Continuing Education programs are non-credit courses and do not qualify for federal student loans. Pending available funding, WDCE may have a limited number of career related scholarship opportunities available. See WDCE Scholarship Opportunities  for information about possible scholarships and the deadline for applying.

The Tuition Installment Plan (TIP) may allow students to pay registration charges in several payments; some restrictions apply. Each term is independent and must be enrolled in separately. A nonrefundable fee is required to participate in TIP. Students must register online during the TIP enrollment period. Visit WDCE TIP for more information. 

Certain courses may be eligible for tuition waivers for  Maryland residents age 60+,  or members of the National Guard. Visit WDCE Tuition Waiver for further information. 
A resident of Maryland who is out of the workforce because of a permanent disability as defined by the Social Security Act may qualify for a disability waiver. Visit SSA Disability Waiver for further information.  
No, payment must be made at the time of registration. Although certain of the more expensive classes may be paid through the TIP Installment Plan which requires a deposit at the time of registration.   


Maps, Locations, Parking & Weather

In general a parking permit is required for classes held on the three main Montgomery College campus. Visit Parking Permits to learn how to get your parking permit. Classes held on WDCE off campus locations do not need parking permits. 

Learn more about the inclement weather policies, and emergency notifications. Visit MC Closures and Delays for more information about closures, delays or early closing. You may also sign up for ALERT Montgomery to get alert notices on your cell phone.