Register for College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) Exams
The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) gives students the opportunity to receive college credit for what they already know by earning qualifying scores on any of the 33 exams that are offered. MC does not provide credit for all exams. See the list of CLEP exams and MC course equivalencies.
To register for a CLEP exam, please follow the steps below.
All CLEP exams are administered at MC's Gaithersburg Business Training Center located at 12 S. Summit Avenue, 4th floor, Gaithersburg, MD 20877.
Register early—seating is limited!
Go to the College Board My Account registration portal. You will need to sign in to register for the CLEP exam. If you do not have an account yet, follow the directions to create an account. Follow the instructions to register for the CLEP exam. You will need to make your payment online directly to CLEP. Please print a copy of this exam registration ticket.
Step 2a: Register Online
- Find CRNs from Upcoming CLEP Test Dates
- Register online via MyMCnew window with course code "TST001".
- $30 payment is due when registering.
- Email your CLEP exam ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2b: Register by Mail, Fax, or In-person
- Download and complete the MC CLEP Registration Form (PDF, ) . Put your desired CLEP exam date on the form (see available dates below). The registration
fee of $30 is payable to Montgomery College (either credit card, check, or money order)
and will be processed upon receipt of the completed MC registration form in order
to reserve a seat for taking the CLEP test. You must attach a copy of your CLEP exam registration ticket when registering with
Acceptable forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, or Discover, or you can pay by check or money order made payable to Montgomery College.
Please print your name and email address clearly. Incomplete or illegible registration forms will NOT be accepted.
- Submit both forms and payments (CASH NOT ACCEPTED) in one of three ways:
- Mail: Montgomery College, CLEP, 12 South Summit Ave., Room 443, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
- Fax: 240-683-6945 only if paying by credit/debit card (not available if paying by check)
- In Person: Registrations with a check or money order are now accepted at any WDCE Customer Service location. Note: Cash is not accepted. Find a WDCE Customer Service Location.
- All CLEP exams are administered at MC's Gaithersburg Business Training Center located at 12 S. Summit Ave, 4th floor, Gaithersburg, MD 20877.
- Register early as seats are limited! You will receive a reminder email the week of the exam.
- CLEP Test: Effective July 1, 2014, one form of government identification will be acceptable for CLEP test-takers. A secondary form of ID will no longer be required. The primary identification must be valid and current, and must bear the test-taker's name in English language characters, and must contain a photograph and a signature. Examples of acceptable IDs include: state-issued driver's license, passport, permanent resident card, military ID. A full list of acceptable IDs is on the College Board website.
- Montgomery College CLEP Code is 5440 (for reporting scores to Montgomery College).
- Check-in begins at 9:30 a.m. and the testing will start at 9:45 a.m. As a courtesy to all test-takers, there is no admittance after 10:00 a.m.
- If you are planning on taking more than one CLEP exam, you must complete a separate MC Registration Form and have a CLEP registration exam ticket for each test. You may only take ONE CLEP exam per test date.
- There are NO ELECTRONICS allowed in the testing room. This includes cell phones, watches and calculators.
- If you need testing accommodations, please contact Natalie Martinez (Disability Support Services) at 240-567-4118 or email@example.com. Please allow up to 2 weeks to make arrangements.
9:30 a.m. on the following days:
- Friday, August 5, CRN 16894
- Friday, August 19, CRN 17181 (CLEP-a-THON)*
- Thursday, September 8, CRN 24011
- Friday, October 7, CRN 24012
- Thursday, November 3, CRN 24013
- Friday, December 2, CRN 24014
Join us for CLEP-a-THON, a drop-in testing date on Friday, August 19 2022 at MC’s Gaithersburg Business Training Center. Take a CLEP exam and earn college credit! No appointment needed, just drop by during our testing hours of 9:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m. and bring your CLEP exam ticket with you. A $30 testing fee will be charged when you arrive. Call us for more information at 240-567-1862, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At-Home CLEP Exams
The College Board now offers the option to take a CLEP exam at home. See Take a CLEP Exam with Remote Proctoringnew window for more information and details on pricing and requirements.