Staff Enrichment Day
Each year the college designates a day for the purpose of bringing associate and support staff, both bargaining and non-bargaining, together for professional and personal growth. The collegewide Staff Enrichment Day (SED) is held during spring break every year and is rotated between the three campuses (Takoma Park/Silver Spring, Rockville, and Germantown).
SED offers professional and personal development workshops, a chance to network with other staff, and is the venue at which the Staff Distinguished Service Award is presented. All bargaining and non-bargaining associate and support staff are welcome and encouraged to attend. Certificate award is given out to staff members who have recently completed a certificate or degree program.
The Staff Distinguished Service Award is a cash award established from an endowment fund left by Ms. Peggy Bebee, former special assistant for staff concerns, to be presented yearly to a deserving staff employee as determined by their peers.
The criteria are as follows:
*Nominee must be a regular staff employee with a minimum of five (5) years of service
*Nominee shall have demonstrated or performed a high degree of service for the benefit of staff employees at Montgomery College to one or more of the following:
- Served as a staff representative in the governance system
- Served as a committee chair or member on standing governance Committee representing staff concerns
- Served as a committee chair on a college/campuswide committee representing staff
- Nominee would have performed a high degree of service affecting staff within a College unit
- Nominee would have performed a distinguished service or implemented a plan or idea which would positively affect staff at Montgomery College.
The recipient of the award will be announced at Staff Enrichment Day event in March.
The following staff members are on the Staff Enrichment Day Planning Committee: