MC Votes is a working group of faculty, staff, and students encouraging voter education and engagement at Montgomery College. MC Votes meets frequently to support collaboration and cross-promotion of voter education and engagement at MC. Anyone is welcome!
MC Votes Co-Chairs
- Karla Silvestre, Director of Community Engagement
- Lisa Hackely, Director of Student Life, Rockville
- Joseph Stumpf, Chair of History and Political Science, Rockville
Contact MC Votes to get involved at MCVotes@montgomerycollege.edu.
2022 Elections are coming soon. Get informed now.
- First time voter? Use this First-Time Voter Checklistnew window to make sure you're ready.
- Check your voter registration statusnew window.
Did you know it only takes an average of two minutes to register? Get started now.
- Learn where candidates running for office in your community stand on the issues new windowand what else will be on your ballot this election.
Post-Election Events & Resources
- Track the Results
We encourage you to turn to trusted, nonpartisan sources for accurate and current information, such as the Associated Press Election Hubnew window. Visit your state's election website for official information, like Maryland's election resultsnew window.
- Track Your Ballot
If you submitted a mail in ballot, you can track your ballot to ensure it has been received and counted.
- Election Protection
If you are experiencing issues getting your vote counted, contact the National Election Protection Hotlinenew window at 866-OUR-VOTE.
- Recommended Post-Election Resources:
Spring 2022 Election Basics Coming Soon
- Support MC’s academic and civic mission
- Engage politically diverse students and employees
- Provide information to:
- Students about voter resources like voter registration forms and nonpartisan voter guides
- Faculty about curriculum and professional resources
- Employees about institutional resources like enrichment leave for election workers
- Community members at large
- Increase MC turnout during elections, as measured by future participation in the National Study of Learning, Voting, and Engagement (NSLVE)
MC Votes Working Group Meetings are held monthly. Please contact Karla Silvestre to be added to the invitation list.
You can also support MC Votes activities in your classroom, student club or organization, department, or neighborhood:
Download material and links to relevant websites
National Study on Learning, Voting, and Engagement (NSLVE) Report
- MC Votes Logo (Black, Transparent)
- MC Votes Logo (White, Transparent)
- MC Votes Disclaimer and Civility Statement, edited Fall 2018 (PDF, )
- Campus Elect Processing the Election (PDF, )
- James Madison University Civic Post-Election Discussion Promptsnew window
- Headspace Managing Election Stress Meditationnew window
Voter Education and Classroom Resources
- Project Pericles Syllabi Databasenew window
- MC Votes AEBSCC Teacher Packet (PDF, )
- Montgomery County Board of Electionsnew window
- League of Women Voters
- Open Educational Resources Related to Votingnew window
- Ballotpedia: Maryland
- Campus Vote Project
- Rock the Vote
- Institute for Democracy and Higher Education’s Election Imperatives
- Teaching Tolerance