MC Votes is a working group of faculty, staff, and students encouraging voter education and engagement at Montgomery College. Convened by the Service-Learning Program, MC Votes meets frequently to support collaboration and cross-promotion of voter education and engagement at MC. Anyone is welcome! Contact MC Votes to get involved at MCVotes@montgomerycollege.edu.
Register to Vote and Prepare for Upcoming Elections
Request an absentee ballotnew window and Vote-By-Mail this fall.
Get your personalized voter informationnew window for upcoming elections, including a sample ballot, list of candidates, polling place, and candidate questionnaires from the LWV Voters Education Fund.
Fall 2020 Election Dates
- October 13: Deadline to Register to Vote or Request an Absentee Ballot
- October 26 through November 2: Early Voting 7 a.m. - 8. p.m.
- Montgomery County Early Voting Locationsnew window
- November 3: Election Day 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Limited Voting Centers: To Be Updated
Fall 2020 Election Basics
- Support MC’s academic and civic mission
- Engage politically diverse students and employees
- Provide information to:
- Students about voter resources like voter registration forms and nonpartisan voter guides
- Faculty about curriculum and professional resources
- Employees about institutional resources like enrichment leave for election workers
- Community members at large
- Increase MC turnout during elections, as measured by future participation in the National Study of Learning, Voting, and Engagement (NSLVE)
Support MC Votes activities in your classroom, student club or organization, department, or neighborhood.
Download material and links to relevant websites
- MC Votes Logo (Black, Transparent)
- MC Votes Logo (White, Transparent)
- MC Votes Disclaimer and Civility Statement, Fall 2018 (PDF, )
Voter Education and Classroom Resources
- Fall 2020 Election Basics Videonew window
- Montgomery County Board of Electionsnew window
- League of Women Voters
- Open Educational Resources Related to Votingnew window
- Ballotpedia: Maryland
- Campus Vote Project
- Rock the Vote
- Institute for Democracy and Higher Education’s Election Imperatives
- Teaching Tolerance