- Resilient MC
Throughout the ongoing pandemic, Montgomery College has prioritized the health and safety of its students and employees above all else. As we move into the next phase of teaching, learning, and working, this will continue to guide all of our decisions about the structure of our education programs and delivery of key services.
Daily life has changed for all of us. MC’s commitment to high quality education that is affordable and serves the critical needs of our community has not. In fact, we are more resolved in our commitments to our students, employees, and community. MC has continued to provide excellent education throughout the pandemic. We have protected our students’ transfer opportunities. We take special pride in the innovative, creative responses that have evolved in our classrooms and support services—and in the extraordinary resilience that our faculty and staff have shown. As our mission dictates, we will continue to empower our students and serve our communities.
Montgomery College is strong. Montgomery College is resilient. MC embodies excellence, courage and radical inclusion. You can be transformed by your experience here. For more detail about how MC is adapting in our new learning environment, please consult our Resilient MC resources and watch the video below.
- Adapt in response to the new environment in which we now live, learn, and work, while protecting the mission of the College: the delivery of high-quality, affordable education to meet the evolving needs of the community and local economy
- Protect the values that the College has long championed: equity, radical inclusion, respect for the dignity of our students and employees—ensure that we do not under serve the underserved
- Lead our community in reimagining and reinventing essential education, economic, and social paradigms
- Listen to our students, employees, alumni, stakeholders, decision-makers, business leaders, non-profit partners, and many others to support the rebound of our community
- Partner actively with Montgomery County entities to expand impact and collaboration and renew our community alliances in enhanced ways in this time of increased need
- Work to protect fiscally sustainable operations while maintaining robust stewardship of MC employees
- Communicate regularly, relevantly, compassionately, and clearly
- Practice the courageous transformation that this moment demands
Returning to Campus
Montgomery College is beginning a gradual shift back to on-campus, in-person operations.
See Return to Campus for details.
Healthy People, Safer Spaces: Next Steps
View the Conversation with Leadership that took place March 4, 2021.
Resilient MC Resources
- Resilient MC: A Roadmap for College Operations Post-COVID-19 (PDF, )
- MC COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan (PDF, )
Conversations with Leadership is an ongoing series. Click here to watch previous events.
Comments or Questions