Mi Gente Learning Community
Donde esta mi gente? Come find your people!
In this Fall 2022 learning community, you take two classes in a cohort with shared assignments and opportunities for hands-on experiences in the world of business. Highly recommended for new Business majors who want to impact their community, advance in professional careers, and strengthen workplace software skills, the Mi Gente community is open to all but may be of special interest to Latino/a or Hispanic students. The paired classes are conducted Mondays and Wednesdays and fulfill two requirements of the Business major.
Students must register for BOTH classes in the pair:
BSAD101-Introduction to Business & CMAP120-Introduction to Computer Applications
Available as a Face-to-Face (same building) pair or Remote pair with the section numbers below:
Face-to-Face Pair (Rockville Campus):
- BSAD 101, 9:30–10:45 a.m., section #20400
- CMAP 120, 11:00 a.m.–12:15 p.m., section #22350
Remote Pair (conducted over Zoom):
- CMAP120, 9:30–10:45 a.m., section #21134
- BSAD101, 11:00 a.m.–12:15 p.m., section #20402
Join us to:
- really connect with your faculty and classmates,
- increase your financial knowledge,
- build your resume with hands-on entrepreneurial activities that benefit your community,
- plan the rest of your degree path with friends that you make in the shared classes,
- get hands-on advising for the business degree, successful transfer to university, and internship and scholarship opportunities,
- add your cultural richness to the world of business!
Contact Prof. Karen Penn de Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or Prof. Annie McDonald at email@example.com for questions or help registering.
Nos seguimos elevando… Move ahead with us!