Flexibility and Accessibility
The reason distance education has grown, especially, here in Montgomery College, is because the convenience it offers students from a scheduling standpoint. It allows them to schedule classes, complete their study when they're working or when they're dealing with family issues. Distance education gives as much convenience as anything else.
- 53 MC distance education courses have earned Quality Matters recognition for quality course design.
- 386 online sections in 201 courses were offered Fall 2019 semester.
- 567 individual faculty members have been trained over the years to teach an online or blended course as of Fall 2019.
- Enrollments in online and blended enrollment in Fall 2019 were 9,719. Online enrollments were up almost 10 percent over Fall 2018.
- 233 individual faculty members taught a blended or online class in the Fall 2019 semester.
- Students can earn their Associate's Degree for Business, Computer Science and Technologies, Criminal Justice, General Studies, and Early Childhood Education completely online.
Watch studentsnew window talk about their experience with online classes at Montgomery College!
The Office of E-Learning, Innovation, and Teaching Excellence (ELITE) serves MC's online learners and distance education students. Our office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.