Flexibility and Accessibility
The reason distance education has grown, especially, here in Montgomery College, is because the convenience it offers students from a scheduling standpoint. It allows them to schedule classes, complete their study when they're working or when they're dealing with family issues. Distance education gives as much convenience as anything else.
- 57 MC distance education courses have earned Quality Matters recognition for quality course design.
- 517 online sections in 238 courses were offered Fall 2020 semester.
- Enrollments in online courses in Fall 2020 were 9,723. Online enrollments were up almost 28 percent over Fall 2019.
- 272 individual faculty members taught an online class in the Fall 2020 semester.
- Students can earn their Associate's Degree for Business, Computer Science and Technologies,
Criminal Justice, General Studies, and Early Childhood Education completely online.
Watch studentsnew window talk about their experience with online classes at Montgomery College!