Do you have a passion for science, technology, engineering and mathematics and love to gain some leadership skills and build your resume? Then consider applying to be a Montgomery College STEM Ambassador. Please join our team and apply for the STEM Ambassadors program.
A STEM Ambassador is a student passionate about STEM who wants to share their love of STEM with others.
What makes a good STEM Ambassador?
- Interested in science, technology, and mathematics
- Good communication skills
- Highly motivated and dependable
- Academically successful
- Available for at least 15 services hours per semester
Benefits of being a STEM Ambassador
- $200 stipend if they meet all of the requirements in the program
- Volunteer 15 or more hours within the program
- Attendance is required: students cannot miss more than two meetings
- Be available to attend the weekly meetings
- Ambassadors are immersed in leadership and public presentation training/experience
- Career readiness workshops
- Opportunities to represent Montgomery College in the community through special events
- Service awards are given annually for hours served between May 1 and April 30.
- MC Spirit of Service Certificate (20-99 hours)
- MC Spirit of Service Medalion (100+ hours)
- U.S. President's Volunteer Service Award (100+ hours) only if eligible
- MC Servesnew window
- Interested students need to complete the application form at the beginning of each semester.
- Applicants will receive an email confirming their application has been received.
- Students will be contacted to schedule an interview if they meet the initial qualifications and there is availability in the program.
- Applicants who are selected to participate in the program will be given instructions regarding next steps.
- Students are welcome to reapply in the future if they are not initially selected for the program.
*When an application is submitted, the applicant will receive an email confirming that their application has been received. If an applicant meets all the initial qualifications, and there is an available seat in the program, the student will be contacted to schedule an interview. Students will be notified of their status after the interview takes place. Applicants selected to participate in the program will be given instructions regarding next steps. If not accepted, students may reapply in a future term.STEM Ambassadors Application
STEM Ambassadors, Spring 2023
- Maryland Science Olympiadnew window: At the Maryland Science Olympiad, students competed in the flight competition, along
with many more. Projects that were prepared for months ahead were able to face off
for a chance at States. STEM Ambassadors volunteered to help judge events and make
sure the competition went smoothly.
- Sonya Kovalevsky Program: The STEM Ambassadors volunteered for the SONYA KOVALEVSKY PROGRAM, which took place in the Montgomery College Rockville campus. They assisted in organizing and developing a variety of activities, including mathematical and programming projects. The program aims to inspire students in Montgomery County to pursue STEM by providing engaging and motivating activities.
- Maryland Collegiate STEM Conference: The MD Collegiate STEM Conference is an annual conference that provides students
a platform to present their research and projects related to STEM fields, and to network
with peers, professionals, and academics in their respective fields. The conference
also features keynote speakers, panel discussions, and workshops on various topics
related to STEM education, careers, and research.
- STEM Days: The Germantown Campus will be hosting 25 middle school students for “STEM Days.”
STEM Days is an educational program that aims to introduce middle school students
to the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. The middle school
students will participate in various hands-on activities, workshops, and presentations
related to STEM fields. The program is designed to provide students with a fun and
engaging learning experience, while also exposing them to different STEM careers and
- STEM Workshops with CEE Lab School: The MC Center for Early Education Lab School is a childcare and education program
located on the Germantown campus. STEM Ambassadors will have the opportunity to observe
and participate in the classroom while working with the young students.
- SK Day: The Sonya Kovalevsky Program at Montgomery College aims to boost young girls' interest,
confidence, and skills in STEM. The program helps the students develop critical thinking
and problem-solving abilities. STEM Ambassadors can come up with projects for the
students, volunteer at the event, and more.
- MD Science Bowl: The Maryland Science Bowl is an annual high school science competition. STEM Ambassadors will have the opportunity to volunteer at the event as a Moderator, Science Judge, Rules Judge, Timekeeper, or Scorekeeper.