Welcome to the Emergency Management section of our operation. Our mission is to ensure the MC community is prepared for any emergency. We manage the College’s prevention, mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery programs while coordinating with all local, state, and federal organizations to lessen the impact of manmade and natural disasters on our students, staff, and faculty. Our unit is responsible for emergency planning efforts college-wide to help support and foster a safe and prepared Raptor community.
Michael D. Harting
Emergency Management and Outreach Coordinator
The College employs an emergency notification system, called “MC Alert,” to communicate information about emergency situations, school closings, and delays.
Closures and Delays
What to do when MC is closed, has a delayed opening, or closes early for any reason.
Future classes, presentations, and videos will be posted here and updated frequently.
In the event of emergency situations involving MC directly–or if an emergency occurs at the local, regional, or national level that could impact the college community–MC's Office of Public Safety and Emergency Management personnel and other College officials utilize in-house emergency response plans and coordinate their response activities with local, county, state and federal authorities, as appropriate. The College works directly in conjunction with Montgomery County's Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Security, in the event of any local activation of the county's Emergency Operations Center. View the timeline of public safety preparedness (PDF, ) actions taken at MC.
The Montgomery College community should be aware of all of the resources available regarding emergency preparedness. Our office works to ensure that everyone is well prepared for emergencies when they impact any of our students, faculty, staff, or locations. Use the following resources to get you prepared.
Find out more information from local, state, and national organizations.
- American Red Crossnew window
- Centers for Disease Control and Preventionnew window
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)new window
- Flu.govnew window
- Maryland Emergency Management Agencynew window
- Montgomery Countynew window
- Montgomery County Department of Policenew window
- Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Servicenew window
- Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management and Homeland Securitynew window
- Montgomery County Public Health and Emergency Informationnew window
- National Weather Service Forecast Office Baltimore/Washingtonnew window
- Ready.govnew window
- Rockville City Police Departmentnew window
- U.S. Department of Homeland Securitynew window
- World Health Organization