Information Technology Training Program
TechHire (Fed Award ID No. HG-29354-16-60-A-24) is a US Department of Labor fully funded grant training program for those interested in careers in computers and Information Technology (IT). Based on your skills, experience, and English level, you may be able to enroll in a TechHire program course that will help you further your education, job skills, and job search in the IT field. TechHire offers intensive career readiness for IT professionals and certification preparation courses.
Course offerings for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 will be updated by 6/19/2020.
Please monitor your MC email and Montgomery College's coronavirus webpage. Get real-time communication updates add TechHireMC on the TechHire Facebook page
Re-Enrollment is available for former TechHire students. Email for more information.
Interested in the TechHIre program, email OutreachTH@montgomerycollege.edu
Advance your IT Career with TechHire Courses!
TechHire at Montgomery College WDCE, is a Department of Labor grant-funded program. TechHire at Montgomery College has noncredit courses that:
- Offers TUITION-FREE IT course.
- Prepares students for certification exams in Amazon Web Service, Cisco CCNA, CompTIA N+ & S+
- Supplies student with course materials and exam vouchers
- Offers employability resources
Join a TechHire Targeted Recruitment Webinar!
Sign up for a TechHire Targeted Recruitment Webinar. All applicants must attend a Targeted Recruitment Webinar before applying. See the dates and times below for TechHire Targeted Recruitment Webinars:
- Friday 6/19 at 3:00 p.m
- Saturday 6/20 at 3:00 p.m.
- Monday 6/22 at 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 6/24 at 3:00 p.m.
- Thursday 6/25 at 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 6/26 at 1:00 p.m.
- Saturday 6/27 at 10:00 a.m.
- Sunday 6/28 at 11:00 a.m.
Who Should Apply?
- Applicants that identify as unemployed/underemployed OR a Veteran OR a spouse of a Veteran OR recipient of public assistance, OR be a non-native English speaker.
- Applicants that are 18 years or older.
- Applicants that reside in Montgomery County, MD or neighboring counties.
- Applicants that submit a current resume to OutreachTH@montgomerycollege.edu
- Applicants should have 18 months of professional work experience in the IT field.
- Applicants must successfully pass IT intake assessments.
- Applicants that submit a copy of a current/unexpired IT certificate in DBA, N+, or S+
- Signup & Submit Your Resume for the TechHire Targeted Recruitment Webinar. Signup for the TechHire Webinar.
- Attend the Techhire Targeted Recruitment Webinar.
- Attend a TechHire Application Submission Session, INVITATION ONLY for eligible applicants.
- Complete Intake Assessments.
- Attend Admission Interview.
The total cost of TechHire Montgomery is $4 million, which is 100% funded by the U.S. Department of Labor Employment & Training Administration. An additional $1.8M in leveraged resources are provided in support of this program by Montgomery College and its partners. The product was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The U.S. Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.