TechHire, Information Technology Training Program
TechHire (Fed Award ID No. HG-29354-16-60-A-24) is a US Department of Labor fully funded grant training program for those interested in careers in computers and Information Technology (IT). Based on your skills, experience, and English level, you may be able to enroll in a TechHire program course that will help you further your education, job skills, and job search in the IT field. TechHire offers Intensive Career Readiness for IT Professionals and certification preparation courses in the following (Information is subject to change):
- CompTIA: MIBEST A+, Accelerated A+, Network +, and Security +
- Amazon Web Services: Cloud Practitioner
- Cyber Range: Cyber Security
- Cisco: CCNA and CCENT
- Amazon Web Services: Solutions Architect
Please note the TechHIre grant program will conclude on June 30th, 2020
Join us in a November or December Information Session! See details with dates and locations below.
Questions about your application, want to re-enroll, need an exam voucher? TechHire provides walk-in office hours on
- Wednesday between 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Thursdays between 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Or email TechHire@MontgomeryCollege.edu
All current TechHire students are invited to attend Resume Workshops! They are held every Wednesday from 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. on the Rockville Campus in room SC 260. Also, every Thursday from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. on the Takoma Park Campus in room CF236.
Please note that the TechHire grant program will conclude on June 30th, 2020.
TechHire Information Sessions
We invite you to participate in a TechHire Information Session! You MUST attend an Information Session to apply. Be sure to arrive promptly, late arrivals will be asked to join a later information Session. Please see Information Session locations & dates below:
Location: Takoma Park Campus, Health Science Building (HC) Room 123, 7977 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Thursday, December 5, 2019, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 14, 2019, 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 16, 2019, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 19, 2019, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 7, 2020, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 11, 2020, 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 16, 2020, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, January 25, 2020, 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
“...The combined hard work each of the TechHire team gave me and the resources presented to me, gave me the opportunity I needed and continue utilizing in my professional growth. I am grateful and understand the value of your contribution in assisting students like myself succeed. As a result, I have continued to multi-task and pursue advanced certifications to keep up with the labor markets to include in-demand Information Technology certifications. It will not be an exaggeration if I say that Montgomery College in general is behind my success...” ·
Who Should Apply?
We are looking for participants who fit in one or more of the categories below:
- Limited English Proficient Individual / English Language Learner
- Unemployed with barriers to employment
- Underemployment with barriers to better employment
In addition, you should:
- Have a strong interest in an IT career. (Some tracks require previous IT work experience.)
- Be a resident in on of the areas listed below:
- Montgomery County, Howard County, Carroll County, Prince George's County, & Frederick County, Maryland
- Loudon County, Fairfax County, & Arlington County, Virginia
- Washington, D.C.
- Have a high school diploma or GED®, or transcripts from a higher education institution
- Be legally authorized to work in the US through June 2020
- Be able to increase your income or job stability through the program
- You MUST attend a TechHire program Information Session to learn more about the program and the specific track and course for which you are applying.
- Complete the Online Application for TechHire, applicants that do not attend an Information Session will be DENIED. Please allow our intake team 7-10 business days to review your application.
- Attend a Testing Session (test taken depend on which track and course you apply for), and submit all required documentation.
- Attend an interview
- A selection committee will review the results and determine who may participate in the program.
The total cost of TechHire Montgomery is $4 million, which is 100% funded by the U.S. Department of Labor Employment & Training Administration. An additional $1.8M in leveraged resources are provided in support of this program by Montgomery College and its partners. The product was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The U.S. Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.