Electrical Wiring Certificate
THIS CERTIFICATE IS SUSPENDED EFFECTIVE FALL 2022. NEW STUDENTS MAY NOT BE ADMITTED TO SUSPENDED CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS. STUDENTS ADMITTED PRIOR TO FALL 2022 WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GRADUATE WITH THIS CERTIFICATE AFTER SPRING 2025. PLEASE REFER TO THE AND CONTACT A PROGRAM ADVISORnew window.
Prepare for or advance your career as an electrician or in the building and construction industry with a certificate from Montgomery College. You'll gain the skills and knowledge you need to succeed through a combination of hands-on, practical instruction and academic coursework.
Classes taken toward this certificate may also be applied to the building trades technology associate's degree.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a team member with various construction trades and personnel.
- Describe effectively the construction process as it applies to residential buildings.
- Apply practical construction skills in electrical wiring.
- Communicate written, verbal, and visual information as it relates to electrical wiring.
Program Advising Guide
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
For some positions listed, a bachelor's degree or higher may be required. Use the Career and Program Explorer to see a full report for this career field. See links below chart for further guidance and/or connect with a Program Advisor to discuss career goals.
- MC Student Employment Services: Speak with the Student Employment Specialist for help with resume writing, interviewing, setting up a College Central Network (CCN)new window account and other job search topics.
- Career Coach: Explore Career Coach to learn more about this career and/or discover related majors and in-demand careers based on your current interests! Take a Career Assessment and then browse careers and job opportunities in the area.
How To Apply and Register
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes. These courses are designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.