Electrical Wiring Certificate
Prepare for or advance your career as an electrician or in the building and construction industry with a certificate from Montgomery College. You'll gain the skills and knowledge you need to succeed through a combination of hands-on, practical instruction and academic coursework.
Classes taken toward this certificate may also be applied to the building trades technology associate's degree.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a team member with various construction trades and personnel.
- Describe effectively the construction process as it applies to residential buildings.
- Apply practical construction skills in electrical wiring.
- Communicate written, verbal, and visual information as it relates to electrical wiring.
Program Advising Guide
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
- Career Outlook for Electriciansnew window: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coachnew window: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Get Started: Apply and Register
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development & Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.
- Building Trades Technology Program
- Building Trades Technology AAS Degree, Carpentry Concentration
- Building Trades Technology AAS Degree, Electrical Wiring Concentration
- Building Trades Technology AAS Degree, HVAC Concentration
- Carpentry Certificate
- Electrical Wiring Certificate
- HVAC Certificate
- Residential Remodeling and Repair Certificate