Cybersecurity Program Resources and Information
- CompTIA Certification Vouchers
- Cybersecurity Club
- Transfer Options
- Jobs and Internships
- External Agencies, Organizations, and Websites
Cybersecurity tutoring is available in the MAPEL Center (SA 200) on the Germantown Campus.
There are open lab hours in the Cybersecurity Center (HT 230), for self-study, collaboration, and Cybersecurity Club activities (by request). The lab does NOT offer a dedicated tutor. Please be sure to ask what resources your instructor suggests for the class that you are taking.
Other resources are also available in the Digital Learning Centers on the Rockville and Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campuses.
MC students can order vouchers online from the CompTIA storenew window and get an academic voucher at a discounted price. You can then use this voucher to sign up for your examination appointment.
- You MUST use an e-mail address that ends in .edu when placing the order.
- Limit 3 vouchers for every 6 months or 6 vouchers lifetime total.
For further questions, contact the MC Campus Store at 240-567-5302.
The Cybersecurity Club supplements classroom curricula with education at meetings, participating in collegiate and other cyber competitions, and establishing an environment that fosters education by sharing cyber concepts.
The Cybersecurity Club is based on the Germantown Campus. Meetings will be posted on the events calendar. Contact the Cybersecurity Club for more information.
Our cybersecurity degree has transfer agreements with many four-year institutions, including Bowie State University, Capitol Technology University, University of Maryland Global Campus, University of Maryland Global Campus at The Universities at Shady Grove, Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, and more. See all transfer agreements, and speak with a program advisor to make sure you are on track to graduate and/or transfer.
Student Career and Employment Services: Search MC's database for part-time and full-time jobs and internships.
- Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP)new window
- CompTIAnew window
- EC-Council Certificationnew window
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)new window
- International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2new window
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)new window
- SANS Institutenew window
- National Security Agencynew window
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)new window
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Computer Security Division (CSD) Resource Center (CSRC)new window
- Software Engineering Institute (SEI) of Carnegie Mellon University CERT Division at CMU-SEInew window
More Resources for Cybersecurity Students
- The National CyberWatch Centernew window
- Department of Homeland Security - Cybersecuritynew window
- FBI InfraGardnew window
- SANS Information Security and Reading Roomnew window
- DoD Cyber Exchange - STIGsnew window
- CyberSeeknew window
- National Cyber Leaguenew window
- Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE)new window
- Maryland Cybersecurity Asset Mapnew window
- SANS Security Awarenessnew window
- Hack the Boxnew window
- Over the Wirenew window
- DHS Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)new window
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Cybersecurity new window
- Capitol Technology University Cyber Security Programnew window
- UMGC Cybersecurity Programnew window
- SiteLock Guide to Breaking into Website Security as a Careernew window