Census Day is April 1, 2020
It is very important to fill out the 2020 Census form. Please fill out your form on April 1 or soon after.
Each person that does not fill out the form could result in approximately $2,000 less in federal funding per state each year.
What You Need to Know
- Your data are confidential. Federal law protects your Census responses. Your answers can only be used to produce statistics.
- You can respond online for the first time ever! You can also respond via mail or phone if you prefer.
- It will only take a few minutes to fill out the form.
- The Census Bureau is committed to making the 2020 Census quick, easy, and safe for all participants. Here are some tipsnew window to help you stay safe from fraud and scams.
- Paper forms will be available in English and in Spanish, while the bureau collects responses in 11 additional languages online and by phone (Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Russian, Arabic, Tagalog, Polish, French, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, and Japanese).
- Video and printed guides will also be available in 59 non-English languages, and there will be a video in American Sign Language, plus a printed guide in braille.
Census results impact:
- Federal student loans
- Federal research grants
- Campus funding
- Campus improvements, including labs, buildings, and classrooms
- Health and social services
- Federal legislation
- Students’ future careers – many professionals are heavily dependent on Federal funding (e.g., medicine, social work, nursing, science, research, or public health)
- and many other areas
View the everyone counts in Montgomery County 2020 Census fact sheet, available in multiple languages:
Wednesday, February 26, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Central Services, E301
9221 Corporate Blvd.
Rockville, MD 20850
Contact: Karla Silvestre
Wednesday, April 1, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday, April 4, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Germantown Campus, HS 107
Rockville Campus, MT 205
Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, RC 211
Contact: Gloria Bonilla
Census Festivals will take place on each campus in April. Each festival takes place from 12-2 p.m. Check this webpage again soon for more information about these events.
Tuesday, April 21: Germantown Campus
Wednesday, April 22: Rockville Campus
Thursday, April 23: Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus
Contact: Nik Sushka
See Events Flyer (PDF, )
If you would like to request an overview Census presentation or would like faculty Census resources, please email Karla Silvestre.